Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Rank these outfield prospects' bats

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jham

Jham

• 2,180 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

Kiriloff, Rooker, Larnach, Raley, and perhaps even Rolls Royce Lewis could all potentially debut next season for the Twins or another team. Cave and Wade deserve to be in the conversation as well. We pretty much know what we have in Buck, Rosie, and Kep who set a high bar.

Some of the above starters, back ups, and prospects will almost certainly be traded, waived, or non tendered.

Additionally, Jaylin Davis was already traded. I wonder where he'd slot in? A useful thought in considering potential return on trade capital.

I'd love to see how we rank these guys based purely on hitting ability at the MLB level.

I'd rank them today:

1) Larnach
2) Cave
3) AK
4) Davis
5) Rooker
6) Raley
7) Lewis
8) Wade

I have very little confidence in my ranking. General feeling from stats, publications, and limited video.

I'd love to know how others feel these bats stack up to both each other and national hype.
  • Danchat likes this

#2 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,151 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 02:35 PM

Nice idea, I think you could split that list into hitting for average and hitting for power. Kiriloff would probably top the former and Larnach/Rooker would top the latter.
  • Jham likes this

Check out my work at Purple Pain, a Vikings forum: 

Analyzing the Past Decade of Vikings Offseasons

#3 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,752 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 11 October 2019 - 09:40 PM

Based on their bats, When their careers are all over I believe they will be ranked
Kirriloff
Lewis
Larnach
Rooker
Raley
Davis
Wade
Cave
When you rank defense and other parts of their games
Lewis
Kirrilloff
Davis
Raley
Larnach
Rooker
Wade
Cave
This is all just my opinion and ability to predict the future though so....