Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

More solace

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Number3

Number3

Ft Myers Miracle

• 374 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:38 AM

For some reason, the "Solace" thread has been taken down but after the Braves gave up 10 runs at home to the Cards in the first inning and the Dodgers gave up the Salami to the Nats in the 10th inning, those 2 teams arguably feel worse than the Twins especially being the favorites. Plus, playing in the snow would be no fun. So congrats on a real nice season and looking forward to 2020.

• glunn, birdwatcher and nclahammer like this

#2 spycake

spycake

• 16,780 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:42 AM

For some reason, the "Solace" thread has been taken down but after the Braves gave up 10 runs at home to the Cards in the first inning and the Dodgers gave up the Salami to the Nats in the 10th inning, those 2 teams arguably feel worse than the Twins especially being the favorites. Plus, playing in the snow would be no fun. So congrats on a real nice season and looking forward to 2020.

You mean the following thread? Still up for me:

http://twinsdaily.co...innesota-twins/

Mods, I suppose this post could be moved there?

#3 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,302 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:47 AM

Playing in the snow would be no fun??

• glunn likes this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#4 brvama

brvama

• 581 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:20 AM

Two more examples of getting to the playoffs first, then play to win. Each playoff teams start 0-0.
  • birdwatcher likes this

#5 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,623 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 10 October 2019 - 08:21 AM

Mods, I suppose this post could be moved there?

We can always use more solace.

• glunn and nicksaviking like this

We laugh at gypsies, fortune tellers, and horoscopes, yet we trust baseball prospect lists.

#6 Battle ur tail off

Battle ur tail off

Ft Myers Miracle

• 338 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:11 AM

Kershaw once again shows his playoff ineptitude. 

Guy is a great pitcher, but he sure melts when it comes down to brass tacks in the postseason.

Edited by Battle ur tail off, 10 October 2019 - 09:11 AM.

#7 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• 8,676 posts
  • LocationThe ballpark of the mind

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:45 AM

We can always use more solace.

At least a quantum.

• ashbury likes this
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." - Old Serbian proverb

#8 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,531 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 12:04 PM

These are the sounds...

of solace...

#9 OldTimeTwinkie

OldTimeTwinkie

• 187 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 04:33 PM

What if the Yankees destroy their next opponent then breeze through the world series. Would we view what happened to our TWINKIES differently? Food for thought.
  • glunn likes this

#10 notoriousgod71

notoriousgod71

• 3,062 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 07:27 PM

What if the Yankees destroy their next opponent then breeze through the world series. Would we view what happened to our TWINKIES differently? Food for thought.

No.

#11 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,557 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 10:23 PM

No.

Concur.

So coulda been us.

Edited by sampleSizeOfOne, 10 October 2019 - 10:23 PM.

#12 Bandit34

Bandit34

Ft Myers Miracle

• 396 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 09:13 PM

Considering that the Royals could've put up a better fight, I would definitely say no. It was one of the worst displays of the game of Baseball I have ever seen in my life, regular season or post-season. It was so bad that I did not even really consider it baseball. It was something other than baseball. 

#13 ewen21

ewen21

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,773 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 01:24 PM

No, not really.We were celebrating this offense all season and the best we could do was 7 runs in three games.We didn't face Gibson, Koufax and Marichal.Yankee pitching ranked 14th in ERA, actually below us.Food for thought

• Bandit34 likes this