Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins Postseason Outfield

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 darin617

darin617

• 1,400 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 07:44 PM

With Buxton out why did they swap everyone around in a sense? Rosario played left field basically all year and Kepler played right most of the time. You would think you would be playing guys where they were comfortable all season.

I know it doesn't matter much when the bats seem to have gone ice cold anyways.

Just bugged me and felt like I needed a mini rant to feel better.

• Oldgoat_MN, sftwinsfan, bighat and 1 other like this

#2 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,623 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:25 PM

With Buxton out why did they swap everyone around in a sense? Rosario played left field basically all year and Kepler played right most of the time. You would think you would be playing guys where they were comfortable all season.

Eddie in left and Max in right leaves... Jake Cave in CF. No thanks.

• SQUIRREL, Mike Sixel and wsnydes like this

We laugh at gypsies, fortune tellers, and horoscopes, yet we trust baseball prospect lists.

#3 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,871 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:25 PM

Jake Cave is a terrible centerfielder.

Now, I never thought Cave's arm was terrible so I don't fully understand moving Rosario but no effing way should Jake Cave go anywhere near centerfield in a postseason game.

• SQUIRREL likes this

#4 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 11,546 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:32 PM

Rocco started Rosario in right field because he wanted Rosario to rob a home run from the Yankees with their short fence. He said it on the radio to Provus leading up to game one.
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#5 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,871 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:35 PM

Rocco started Rosario in right field because he wanted Rosario to rob a home run from the Yankees with their short fence. He said it on the radio to Provus leading up to game one.

Wait, what?

#6 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 11,546 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:41 PM

Wait, what?

yah

I will search for a clip tomorrow if no one corroborates
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#7 spycake

spycake

• 16,780 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:54 PM

Eddie in left and Max in right leaves... Jake Cave in CF. No thanks.

That might be the optimal arrangement. That way, whether Cave makes an ill-advised dive to his left or to his right, you can have another outfielder there to back him up.
  • ashbury, wsnydes and wabene like this

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,871 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:59 PM

That might be the optimal arrangement. That way, whether Cave makes an ill-advised dive to his left or to his right, you can have another outfielder there to back him up.

Ouch.

• Oldgoat_MN likes this

#9 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,497 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:02 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what Cave was diving for on that play yesterday. He had no chance of coming up with that ball. 

• USAFChief, nokomismod, SF Twins Fan and 1 other like this

#10 nokomismod

nokomismod

Twins & Gophers

• 456 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:39 AM

I'm still trying to figure out what Cave was diving for on that play yesterday. He had no chance of coming up with that ball. 

That was truly weird and if I remember it correctly it was the top of the inning after the Twins bats failed with bases loaded and no outs. Just a bad 20 minute stretch of baseball

#11 SpicyGarvSauce

SpicyGarvSauce

Ft Myers Miracle

• 437 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:04 AM

Jake Cave is a terrible outfielder.

Now, I never thought Cave's arm was terrible so I don't fully understand moving Rosario but no effing way should Jake Cave go anywhere near centerfield in a postseason game.

FIFY

#12 spycake

spycake

• 16,780 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 08:19 AM

I think he saw a portal out of the "Upside Down" and was trying to dive through before it closed.

Sadly, he didn't make it, and he had to continue suffering at the hands of the Demogorgons just like the rest of us.

• SF Twins Fan likes this