Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins at Risk of Sinking to New Low with October Woes

rocco baldelli tyler duffey
  • Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#141 David HK

David HK

Minnesota Twins

• 3,436 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:33 PM

Graterol has looked pretty raw at times, is just 20 years old, and coming off a season where he pitched maybe 75 innings.

He's not starting 2020 in Minnesota. I hope he ends up there but he's not starting there, in my opinion.

I agree, he could use more seasoning. Really impressed with how he's handled himself up here so far, though.

But I really really really hope they stretch him out as a starter going forward.

#142 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,871 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:34 PM

I agree, he could use more seasoning. Really impressed with how he's handled himself up here so far, though.

But I really really really hope they stretch him out as a starter going forward.

I'm pretty sure this front office views Graterol as a starter until he proves decisively he's not a starter.

#143 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,542 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:39 PM

I'm pretty sure this front office views Graterol as a starter until he proves decisively he's not a starter.

Agreed, but not too start next year. Dobnak is the only guy under contract other than Berrios likely to start the year as a starter.

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#144 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,871 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 09:44 PM

Agreed, but not too start next year. Dobnak is the only guy under contract other than Berrios likely to start the year as a starter.

Almost surely not. It'd be great if Graterol ends up contributing to the 2020 team in June or so but this front office needs to pretend he doesn't exist this offseason.

• USAFChief likes this

#145 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,302 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:47 PM

That's fair. Still 6 other playoff teams that signed cheap FA, traded for minor leaguers or cheap veterans having good years, and developed their own guys. Like the Twins.

That's patently false.

The bulk of Atlanta's rotation is home grown. 

That's it. You have to do all of that stuff, AND add quality, to be successful. By the time the Twins minor league supplies the kind of pitching necessary to compete in the post season, if it ever does, much of the current roster won't be here any more. And then people will be saying just wait for the minor leagues to supply a lineup.

Go big, or go home.

• Mike Sixel likes this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#146 cardsfan

cardsfan

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 186 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:55 AM

I was rooting for you guys to beat the Yankees. What a terrible series.

The AL Central is the worst division in baseball. If you get in the playoffs anything could happen. I doubt you would win 100 games in a stronger division, but, making the playoffs you had a chance to go all of the way. Good season.

Only one team wins the last game of the year. Hoping it is not mine though lots of better teams to overcome.
  • Sconnie likes this

#147 chpettit19

chpettit19

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 119 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:30 PM

That's patently false.

The bulk of Atlanta's rotation is home grown. 

That's it. You have to do all of that stuff, AND add quality, to be successful. By the time the Twins minor league supplies the kind of pitching necessary to compete in the post season, if it ever does, much of the current roster won't be here any more. And then people will be saying just wait for the minor leagues to supply a lineup.

Go big, or go home.

What part is false? Signing cheap free agents? Trading for minor leaguers or cheap vets having good years? Developing their own guys? 

What does "adding quality" mean? Signing cheap vets? Cuz that's what the 6 teams I listed did.

Milwaukee, Atlanta, Tampa, St Louis, Oakland, and Minnesota all made the post season without "going big." So again, what part is false?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rocco baldelli, tyler duffey