Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Playoff Game Thread: Twins @ New York 6:07 PM CDT 10/4/2019

twins game thread yankees hawt taeks
  • Please log in to reply
1351 replies to this topic

#1341 Sconnie

Sconnie

Touch ‘em all!

• 5,341 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:10 PM

Apparently it still exists.

https://icq.com/windows/pt

wonders never cease!
  • Blake likes this

#1342 rkevin

rkevin

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 67 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:11 PM

Rocco managed like the rookie he is. Most of the players looked spooked (is it Halloween already??). Something/Someone needs to step up or the next two games will be big-time bummers. I don't like this any more than anyone else. It feels like that famous phrase uttered by Pedro...

• Bomba2026 likes this

#1343 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:13 PM

What a night to play our worst game of the entire year. 

That wasn't even CLOSE to the worst game of the year.

• ashbury, Blake and Puckett34 like this

#1344 Aggies7

Aggies7

I have 1 warning point

• 11,219 posts
  • LocationScranton, Pa

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:14 PM

Has anyone mentioned that we were one strike away from hosting these first two games? Like literally one strike.

#1345 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:15 PM

Rocco managed like the rookie he is. Most of the players looked spooked (is it Halloween already??). Something/Someone needs to step up or the next two games will be big-time bummers. I don't like this any more than anyone else. It feels like that famous phrase uttered by Pedro...

Who looked spooked? Nelson Cruz? Jorge Polanco? Miguel Sano? Jose Berrios?

#1346 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

Twins threw 193 pitches tonight.

Throw the GD ball over the plate. Pitch ahead. Attack. If they hit it, so be it. But stop being strike zone shy

Berrios failed to adjust and get his effing breaking ball over the plate, or at least close to it.

He continued to throw those breaking balls about four inches over the plate time and time again.

#1347 Bandit34

Bandit34

Ft Myers Miracle

• 396 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:17 PM

That wasn't even CLOSE to the worst game of the year.

Maybe not. But I have watched or listened to basically every single game this year. And this game is perhaps the only one I can honestly say that I did not enjoy even a little. A lot of it was not the poor play but the fact that if baseball continues trending in this direction of marathon contests, (I don't call this really a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Some Yankee fans probably didn't enjoy this one.), it will go extinct. 

#1348 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:19 PM

Maybe not. But I have watched or listened to basically every single game this year. And this game is perhaps the only one I can honestly say that I did not enjoy even a little. A lot of it was not the poor play but the fact that if baseball continues trending in this direction of marathon contests, (I don't call this really a game. Games are supposed to be fun. Some Yankee fans probably didn't enjoy this one.), it will go extinct. 

Welcome to postseason baseball in the 21st century.

#1349 Bandit34

Bandit34

Ft Myers Miracle

• 396 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:19 PM

In other words, baseball is fun because you throw the ball over the plate and the batter actually hits the ball. Waiting 45 minutes to see a ball make contact with the bat is not what I call fun. Better start playing baseball tomorrow. 

• TheGhostofLesStraker likes this

#1350 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 10:32 PM

In other words, baseball is fun because you throw the ball over the plate and the batter actually hits the ball. Waiting 45 minutes to see a ball make contact with the bat is not what I call fun. Better start playing baseball tomorrow. 

I don't disagree. It's not much fun to watch this kind of baseball and I've been pretty vocal about it for some time, even while accepting that it's the best way to win baseball games.

#1351 Bomba2026

Bomba2026

Ft Myers Miracle

• 269 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 11:06 PM

I am ped beyond belief at the after show on ESPN.....They were making fun of Randy Dobnicks name....they kept saying it over and over wrong and laughing about him. I am so disgusted with MLB I will not watch the game. F@#$ the Twins deserve more respect as Central Division Champs and they are being made fun of.....I'd rather listen on WCCO than watch and listen to the embarrassment of the commentators making fun of Randy. Shame on you.

#1352 Platoon

Platoon

Cooperstown

• 5,129 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 05 October 2019 - 04:44 AM

Rocco and the front office make the lineup decisions together. It truly was an odd decision not to start Schoop. They likely also agreed when Gibson would come in. That's how modern baseball works.

And that's why the FO now often hire 30 something inexperienced managers. They do what they are told. Actual game experience is not a criteria.
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twins, game thread, yankees, hawt taeks