Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: The Underappreciated, Hard-Luck Legacy of Kyle Gibson

kyle gibson
  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 old nurse

old nurse

• 3,854 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:44 PM

The "yuck factor" for this is high, but I wonder if Gibson's doctors have considered a fecal transplant.

https://www.webmd.co...inful-colitis#1

This treatment has produced semi-miraculous results in some people for whom drug therapies have been ineffectual. By simply adjusting the gut flora/fauna in this way, people have been cured of several auto-immune diseases, and diseases that are resistant to penicillin related drugs. 

Kyle Gibson should stop pitching, right now. His health is degrading before our eyes, and I don't want to see him literally collapse on the mound. Get well first, Kyle Gibson. We don't need a championship badly enough to cost your health. 

Dr Google is the bane of the world.If you are wondering why the doctors would not have considered it, consider the diagnosis of the patient and then try to understand that the diseaseis fiirst.

#62 dex8425

dex8425

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 96 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

Gibson is the longest tenured Minnesota Twin, and I love the guy. He's a terrific person, teammate, and great with the media, and he has perspective that most 31 year olds don't possess.

I'll be rooting for him in the future, whether that means signing with the Twins, somewhere else, or retiring from baseball to focus on things that are more important than baseball. 

Regarding his pace, he works faster than Pineda and I don't hear anyone stating we shouldn't resign Pineda because he is painful to watch. I'd rather watch Gibby strike out guys slowly than watch Perez, when I turn my head and blink the other team has scored six runs. 

#63 Jeff_M

Jeff_M

Elizabethton Twins

• 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:52 AM

Yeah, well Pineda holds folks' attention and is entertaining because he does a lot of weird stuff between pitches (it'd be cool to mic up Pineda during a game a la what they did with Bregman and Lindor on the all-star game).Between pitches Gibson maintains the same sort of painful scowl as he shows after surrendering a long ball.Frustration begets frustration in the beholder, whereas with Pineda it's like wtf in the best sense of the word.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kyle gibson