Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Should Eddie Rosario Be Benched for Not Hustling?

eddie rosario rocco baldelli
  • Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 ewen21

ewen21

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,842 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:43 AM

How do you treat your job? Everyone reading and posting on this from their cube is totally loafing it to first.

If you’re ‘balls to the wall’ all the time you will burn out or get hurt. These guys have to make it through a taxing season. Expend energy when necessary. Conserve it when possible.

Sorry.What people do working in cubicles (not me) do for $60,000 a year is different from what ballplayers do.One doesn't translate into the other. Not just because of the money either.They don't play for a fan base and they aren't making millions to work 7 months a year.

The second part about deciding when and when not to expend energy is also bogus.Run out of the box.What is so hard about that?It doesn't need to be like 40 yard dash sprints but do it right.Among other habits Eddie has this is another one that isn't a good one.He is a frequent flyer in this regard.

And since you ask.....

As far as how I treat my job, I am a tenured teacher in the NY state system.The doors open in my school at 9:00 but I am often there at 7:00, 7:30 is late for me.I'm 23 years in so I really don't need to do it because I have something called tenure.So when you throw that question out there to me it completely backfires. Unlike you, I do not assume the people here openly slack at work in front of everyone.

#82 Twodogs

Twodogs

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,006 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:02 AM

Last night was not Rosario's first time to dog it. I absolutely hate plays where a player is not hustling 100%. I hope the matter has been handled privately, instead of publicly embarrassing the player. I hope Rocco said something to Eddie in private and hopefully Cruz did too.

I think every guy on the Twins roster has done something like that at some point in time. I agree that you handle that in house and remind him that of course every play is important and also that player life span doesn't last forever so take advantage of what you got when you have it so you have no regrets in the end. But doing something publicly does nothing for the concept of the team in the long run. You do something publicly when you are done with him and it's time to move on forever.
  • tarheeltwinsfan likes this

You cannot succeed without hate for your enemy

#83 Diesel

Diesel

Ft Myers Miracle

• 299 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 11:11 AM

Seeing Sano really hustle on two different plays last night tells me there was a discussion in the locker room.
  • Sconnie likes this

#84 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 11,668 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:09 PM

Sano has always hustled.

• Sconnie and Diesel like this
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#85 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,353 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:35 PM

How do you treat your job? Everyone reading and posting on this from their cube is totally loafing it to first.

If you’re ‘balls to the wall’ all the time you will burn out or get hurt. These guys have to make it through a taxing season. Expend energy when necessary. Conserve it when possible.

I'm "balls to the wall" at work when the situation calls for it...like running hard when I put a ball in play.

Other times at work I can relax a bit, like sitting on the bench waiting for my turn at bat.

I can assure you all my employers expected me to know the difference, and put forth the effort when called for. I suspect you're no different.
  • Mr. Brooks and wsnydes like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#86 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 11,668 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:18 PM

Seeing Sano really hustle on two different plays last night tells me there was a discussion in the locker room.

I agree, there was probably a gut check in the clubhouse of some sort.

I posted that I felt Sano always hustles; that wasn’t meant as a rebuttal to your observation. It’s good to see hustle at this point from everyone.
  • Diesel likes this
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#87 adorduan

adorduan

• 699 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 02:35 PM

Sorry.What people do working in cubicles (not me) do for $60,000 a year is different from what ballplayers do.One doesn't translate into the other. Not just because of the money either.They don't play for a fan base and they aren't making millions to work 7 months a year.

The second part about deciding when and when not to expend energy is also bogus.Run out of the box.What is so hard about that?It doesn't need to be like 40 yard dash sprints but do it right.Among other habits Eddie has this is another one that isn't a good one.He is a frequent flyer in this regard.

And since you ask.....

As far as how I treat my job, I am a tenured teacher in the NY state system.The doors open in my school at 9:00 but I am often there at 7:00, 7:30 is late for me.I'm 23 years in so I really don't need to do it because I have something called tenure.So when you throw that question out there to me it completely backfires. Unlike you, I do not assume the people here openly slack at work in front of everyone.

Modern day athletes work more than 7 months a year, even if they aren't playing games

#88 Kelly Vance

Kelly Vance

• 745 posts

Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:24 PM

In a word, No. Next question. 

#89 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,930 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 01:12 AM

Rosario is not a perfect player but he's certainly interesting to watch.

When I really got tired of him was when he threw out Devers. What a slouch. He could have easily had him at least two feet earlier with a better throw.

But, alas, it's not as if that mattered much to the Twins season anyway.

• SQUIRREL and ashbury like this

#90 ewen21

ewen21

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,842 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 07:08 AM

Rosario is not a perfect player but he's certainly interesting to watch.

When I really got tired of him was when he threw out Devers. What a slouch. He could have easily had him at least two feet earlier with a better throw.

But, alas, it's not as if that mattered much to the Twins season anyway.

Obviously you aren't into the criticism of Rosario and judging from the sarcasm here you must think it is irrational and unwarranted.OK....why not just up front rather than this baloney?

Just sayin

• notoriousgod71 likes this

#91 dpearson57

dpearson57

Elizabethton Twins

• 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:56 AM

That ball travels another 5 feet and this isn't even a conversation.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eddie rosario, rocco baldelli