Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins vs. White Sox, 9/18/19 @ 6:40pm CT

game thread twins white sox
  • Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#221 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,052 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:04 PM

i was certain the twins would go 162-0.

Lol ... now that’s what I call a cockeyed optimist!

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#222 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 4,686 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:09 PM

My eyes are far to innocent to read that statement.

#223 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,052 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

My eyes are far to innocent to read that statement.

It’s a Rodgers and Hammerstein song from ‘South Pacific’

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#224 Bandit34

Bandit34

Ft Myers Miracle

• 396 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:11 PM

Indians have six games against winning teams. Twins have 10 games against losing teams. 

That's the scary part. Tell me something to cheer me up! I personally think that this could be a close finish, unfortunately. 

#225 mickeymental

mickeymental

• 1,380 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:14 PM

but imagine the crushing disappointment.

#226 Bandit34

Bandit34

Ft Myers Miracle

• 396 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:17 PM

"But why is he even trying for third? You could have went to second and taken a knee and tried for a 450 foot homer from Sano! This ain't Detroit, man! This is the postseason!"

Just a little humour for all of us on a bad night!

#227 Aggies7

Aggies7

I have 1 warning point

• 11,219 posts
  • LocationScranton, Pa

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:22 PM

Really? Did I read this wrong, but isn’t the Twins’ record against the Royals so far this year 9-3? It’s not 17-1 like the Indians vs the Tigers, but so far that’s pretty solid.

Games with them have been competitive for the most part. Same with the White Sox. Twins finished 13-6 against the Sox but man it seemed like a battle most games
  • SQUIRREL and Bandit34 like this

#228 Bandit34

Bandit34

Ft Myers Miracle

• 396 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:28 PM

Games with them have been competitive for the most part. Same with the White Sox. Twins finished 13-6 against the Sox but man it seemed like a battle most games

Royals are a pretty scrappy team. I like them and I personally think that they will improve at a quicker pace than the White Sox in the coming years. But a lot of this sentiment from me probably comes from my great love for the city of Kansas City. Beautiful, wonderful city! Great people there too!

Oh and did I mention that Kauffman Stadium is the nicest stadium in baseball and it's not even close. Just my opinion. Loved every moment I spent watching baseball in that park!

Edited by Bandit34, 18 September 2019 - 09:34 PM.

• Hosken Bombo Disco likes this

#229 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,052 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:31 PM

Not easy to watch, but maybe it’s a good thing in that they don’t get to where they need to without fighting for it. Then again, I think this team has played well above expectations all year long. It’s been a lot of fun, but I’m not really expecting them to win it all. Hope they do, just not expecting it. You know, the tempered expectations of a Minnesota sports fan.

#230 Aggies7

Aggies7

I have 1 warning point

• 11,219 posts
  • LocationScranton, Pa

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:39 PM

Not easy to watch, but maybe it’s a good thing in that they don’t get to where they need to without fighting for it. Then again, I think this team has played well above expectations all year long. It’s been a lot of fun, but I’m not really expecting them to win it all. Hope they do, just not expecting it. You know, the tempered expectations of a Minnesota sports fan.

The team seems like they really really could have used a week off which would have come with clinching early. Doesn’t look like that will happen. Maybe they can still get 4 or 5 games of rest for the banged up guys

#231 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,569 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:58 PM

We lost?

Say it ain't so!

Oh well...

#232 Pius Jefferson

Pius Jefferson

Master of the Obvious

• 1,031 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

THATS WHAT WORRIES ME AS A MINNESOTA SPORTS FAN

Most of the time the teams aren't bad at making the playoffs. It's what they do once they get their that's the problem.

Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong.

#233 Pius Jefferson

Pius Jefferson

Master of the Obvious

• 1,031 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:26 PM

When was the last 'this team is really looks good' home series for the Twins? They don't have the homefield advantage that Twins teams of the past have had.

Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game thread, twins, white sox