Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Any Update On Political Threads Opening Back Up?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Getting Ready to Show Up to ST in the Best Shape of My Life!

• 13,339 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:07 PM

The Sports Bar is a sad, desolate place.
  • Musk21 and Hosken Bombo Disco like this

#2 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,493 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:24 PM

Wow ... you can't find anything else to talk about, at all? 

And no plans at this time, that I know of. 

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#3 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• 13,339 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:29 PM

Of course. I can't keep up with the amount of Twins articles pumped out on a daily basis.

This was also the community I discussed things outside of sports with. I understand the business decision that was made to be nothing but sports. I was just checking with the election right around the corner.
  • MMMordabito likes this

#4 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• 8,724 posts
  • LocationThe ballpark of the mind

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:48 PM

I can think of a great many things to talk about. I don’t think they would be of much interest here, though.
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." - Old Serbian proverb

#5 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• 8,724 posts

Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:09 PM

Fortunately there’s nothing of import happening that might be worth discussion.

How’s the weather? Oh, wait...
  • Musk21 likes this
"Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars." - Old Serbian proverb

#6 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Baseball and thought

• 8,724 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 01:25 PM

Nothing to see here, America. How 'bout them Astros?

#7 MMMordabito

MMMordabito

Fort Walton Beach Jets

• 1,245 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 09:23 AM

Of course. I can't keep up with the amount of Twins articles pumped out on a daily basis.

Yeah, it's gotten out of hand so much that unless I see Seth, Nick or Parker as the author -> 90% skip

#8 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:35 AM

Yeah, it's gotten out of hand so much that unless I see Seth, Nick or Parker as the author -> 90% skip

I suggest you give everyone a couple of tries to see if their writing style is your cup of tea because if you're passing over articles by someone like Trueblood without giving it a click, you're really missing out.

• SQUIRREL, nicksaviking and Sconnie like this

#9 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• 13,339 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 03 February 2020 - 03:37 PM

I suggest you give everyone a couple of tries to see if their writing style is your cup of tea because if you're passing over articles by someone like Trueblood without giving it a click, you're really missing out.

Perhaps we need a "Get to Know Em" campaign before the new season with all of the new writers. Like MMMordabito I skip a ton of the other writers' posts... 

• nicksaviking likes this

#10 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,493 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 06:21 PM

Perhaps we need a "Get to Know Em" campaign before the new season with all of the new writers. Like MMMordabito I skip a ton of the other writers' posts... 

I try to choose a different one every day. Plus topics that interest me. I find that that fills up most of my time, and then check out the other forums. It's all about pacing. I don't think anyone expects anyone to read everything. Think of it as a smorgasbord and pick and choose a few morsels a day. I think that having too much to read is way better than not having enough. And now that we've split up the forums a bit, it's a lot easier (at least for me) to keep up, even if I'm not able to read everything. I think there is a lot of quality being written as well as quantity. But I like you idea of a 'Get to Know 'Em' thread for the writers ... what kinds of questions would you like to be asked?

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#11 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 03 February 2020 - 08:27 PM

I like to shoot down everything I read on these forums but I'm having a hard time disagreeing with this one...

• ashbury and nicksaviking like this

#12 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• 13,339 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 February 2020 - 01:48 PM

I try to choose a different one every day. Plus topics that interest me. I find that that fills up most of my time, and then check out the other forums. It's all about pacing. I don't think anyone expects anyone to read everything. Think of it as a smorgasbord and pick and choose a few morsels a day. I think that having too much to read is way better than not having enough. And now that we've split up the forums a bit, it's a lot easier (at least for me) to keep up, even if I'm not able to read everything. I think there is a lot of quality being written as well as quantity. But I like you idea of a 'Get to Know 'Em' thread for the writers ... what kinds of questions would you like to be asked?

I’d like to get to know them as people... Build some rapport that way. We’re all Twins fans obviously, but what else do they like to do? Fun facts about them, things like that. I’ve read and interacted with writers like Nick Nelson over the years and respect his opinion. It’s also cool to know he has a talent for rapping!
  • SQUIRREL, nicksaviking and Sconnie like this

#13 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 23,280 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

I’d like to get to know them as people... Build some rapport that way. We’re all Twins fans obviously, but what else do they like to do? Fun facts about them, things like that. I’ve read and interacted with writers like Nick Nelson over the years and respect his opinion. It’s also cool to know he has a talent for rapping!

By the way, your idea has been met with not only resounding success but legitimate excitement. This WILL happen before the start of the season.

Literally everyone is on board with the idea.

• SQUIRREL, USAFChief, nicksaviking and 1 other like this

#14 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

• 13,339 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:30 PM

By the way, your idea has been met with not only resounding success but legitimate excitement. This WILL happen before the start of the season.

I accept Venmo and PayPal ;) We’ve got a cool community here. Let’s not forget part of being a community is learning about each other!
  • Brock Beauchamp, USAFChief, nicksaviking and 1 other like this

#15 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 25,493 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 09:40 PM

I think it honestly will be the best way to promote themselves.

And I look forward to it.

Thanks, Van!
  • Brock Beauchamp, USAFChief, nicksaviking and 1 other like this

#16 MMMordabito

MMMordabito

Fort Walton Beach Jets

• 1,245 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:11 AM

Thank you, Brock.I have started reading every Trueblood article since this retort. He does great work. 

• Brock Beauchamp, SQUIRREL, nicksaviking and 1 other like this