Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Week in Review: Weathering the Storm

jose berrios miguel sano kyle gibson
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• 2,282 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:43 AM

A couple of points;

Perez hit a 3 run homer off Gibson, to turn a 1 run Twins lead into a 2 run defecit.

Don't pitch Gibson the rest of the regular season, except maybe for a side session in about 10 days.Call me crazy, but I don't think 10 days was enough to deal with colitis.Give him more rest--the earliest you would theoretically need him is for Game 3 on Monday the 7th.

If Rosie is heating back up, it's a perfect opportunity to give Cruz and Kepler some rest; Arraez, Rosie, Sano, Garver, and Polanco can hold down the offense.

Consider punting the game against Giolito, almost like what we were thinking of doing Saturday night before it worked out.Rest almost everyone, and instead focus on winning tonight and Wednesday.Do that, and the worst case scenario is a 4 game lead and a magic number of 7 on Thursday.

The playoffs bullpen should be Rogers, Romo, Duffey, May, Littell, Dobnak, and Smeltzer.The starters would be Berrios, Odorizzi, Perez, and Gibson.You'll need both Dobnak and Smeltzer for length, particularly since Games 3 and 4 are back-to-back in both the ALDS and ALCS (if you get there).That unfortunately leaves Brusdar out, but at this point I don't think the Twins are willing to stretch him more than an inning, and I trust the other 5 more.

#22 Bomba2026

Bomba2026

Ft Myers Miracle

• 256 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:51 PM

We are going to the game Fri and I see my fav Smeltzer is pitching! They better have the A team in there including Gonzales! I am not paying over $100 a seat to see the C squad!
  • ashbury likes this

#23 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 4,611 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:27 PM

I was reading somewhere, I think it was MLBTradeRumors......... that Rosario was considered a League Average hitter for an outfielder, and his WAR and OBP was cited. If what we have turned into with today's stats is that a batter can hit over .270 for the year, have over 30 dingers, sits at 99 and will certainly have over 100 RBI with a slugging in the high .400s and currently right at .500...... I'll take average any day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jose berrios, miguel sano, kyle gibson