Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Suspension Shouldn’t Factor into Potential Pineda Reunion

michael pineda
  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 insagt1

insagt1

Ft Myers Miracle

• 308 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

That last post does it for me. The biggest issue is Pineda let his team down at the worst possible time. Why he wasn't more careful with what he was using, I guess we'll never know. Sure seems like there are two camps here...one strongly suggests he was masking...the other strongly refutes that claim.

But bottom line is we are out a very good starting pitcher because either he was cheating, or he was pretty stupid in how he handled his meds. Everyone loses.

#62 adorduan

adorduan

• 697 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:03 PM

One is a long time veteran who should know better. The other was not established at all, and was trying to make it. That's one of the differences for me. But it's cool you assumed why people feel the way they do.

you just proved my point, they are both idiots for doing something to get suspended, but you you rationalized the action of one of them. I don't really care if people want to do that, but it's a little hypocritical, IMO. Carry on...

#63 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,781 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:12 PM

you just proved my point, they are both idiots for doing something to get suspended, but you you rationalized the action of one of them. I don't really care if people want to do that, but it's a little hypocritical, IMO. Carry on...

I understand why one did it, and am more forgiving. Because the circumstances were very different for the two of them. If that doesn't seem reasonable to you, that's cool with me. And no, it's not hypocritical to look at an individual's differing circumstances and judge their similar actions differently.

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: michael pineda