Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins 2019 Minor League Starting Pitcher of the Year

randy dobnak jordan balazovic cole sands griffin jax bailey ober
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 5,657 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:58 PM

What I also find interesting/exciting is I would have bet real money that at LEAST 1 of the 4 honorable mentions would have been in the top 5! Great season for SP!

And this is with Gonsalves (mostly) missing the season, Wells missing the season, Wells just coming back, Graterol missing time, etc.

I would think...which Seth has echoed...that with more IP Ober would have been the top dog here.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#22 birdwatcher

birdwatcher

• 4,164 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:20 AM

Weird choice
Both Ober and Balazovic outperformed him.

Dobnak deserves a ton of credit for advancing through three minor league levels. Not a weird choice by any means.

#23 twinstalker

twinstalker

• 277 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 05:28 PM

Dobnak deserves a ton of credit for advancing through three minor league levels. Not a weird choice by any means.

Especially considering the juiced ball in AAA, where he dominated.

• DocBauer and railmarshalljon like this

#24 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 5,657 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:28 PM

Mentioned in another thread that when you look at what Ober has accomplished, you can't help but be stunned and optimistic as hell. But the injury factor can't be discounted. I have to think there is SOMETHING about his height and/or build that has contributed. Maybe its bad luck. But I sure am hoping this FO, and new training staff and methods, and all the analytics they have at their disposal, will indicate he needs weight training, Pilates, yoga, SOMETHING, to find the right balance he needs to just be healthy and pitch every 5 days.

It sure seems there is something pretty special here if they can keep him on the mound. Because when he is...WOW!
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: randy dobnak, jordan balazovic, cole sands, griffin jax, bailey ober