Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Bronx Bombers Catch the Bomba Squad. Can Twins Regain Record?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 Brandon

Brandon

• 1,979 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

Well it seems our hitters are comming back and we have 13 games against the bottom feeders so I still think we have a fighting chance.I also hope we can hit some other HR goals.We currently have 3 players who have hit 30 HRs.if Sano and Rosario can make it that would be 5 players on a team which i think is a record.we also have I think 8 20 HR hitters.I think that is a record too.so if the Yanks do have the most for the season we can end up with several other team HR records too.Although I hate the Yanks and I will be rooting for the HRs the rest of the season so we can win by one.  

So the bottom line is we will likely tie the Yankees for the most HRs in a season.

#42 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:48 PM

Team Season Home Run Record flags don't fly forever.

They don’t????

😳

#43 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:51 PM

yeah, and no matter who holds it, I suspect it gets broken in the not so distant future.

idk, it seems to me that MLB is going to have to do something. The big home run totals in the late 90s put fans back in the seats after the strike/lockout of 1994/5. But it isn’t playing out that way now. MLB attendance and ratings continue to trend down.

#44 spycake

spycake

• 16,552 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:57 PM

idk, it seems to me that MLB is going to have to do something. The big home run totals in the late 90s put fans back in the seats after the strike/lockout of 1994/5. But it isn’t playing out that way now. MLB attendance and ratings continue to trend down.

Local ratings are doing quite well, as I understand. It is a very different media landscape than even just a few years ago, so I suspect MLB isn't truly concerned about national ratings all that much.

#45 spycake

spycake

• 16,552 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:01 PM

3 more HR for the Yankees halfway through the second game of their doubleheader today. Up to 279 with 14 games remaining after today.

Twins at 277 with 17 games remaining.

#46 howeda7

howeda7

• 1,630 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:08 PM

How many of you knew that the Yankees held the record before the season started? Or who held it before that? Whoever sets it this year, it will almost certainly be broken again in a year or two. It's a nice talking point, but I honestly don't care that much.

#47 Kelly Vance

Kelly Vance

• 681 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:26 PM

Nobody mentioned this, so I will.

The Damn Yankees movie, was about the player for the Washington Senators, now the Minnesota Twins, selling his soul to the Devil, in order to beat the Yankees just one year. 

The Yankees play in a little league park. Screw em. If Rosario or Kepler played there, they's average 50 homers a year. 

#48 spycake

spycake

• 16,552 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:30 PM

The Yankees play in a little league park. Screw em. If Rosario or Kepler played there, they's average 50 homers a year.

The Yankees actually have more HR on the road this year.
  • Danchat likes this

#49 spycake

spycake

• 16,552 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:31 PM

3 more HR for the Yankees halfway through the second game of their doubleheader today. Up to 279 with 14 games remaining after today.

Twins at 277 with 17 games remaining.

One more for the Yankees too, so they have a cool 280 with 14 games left.

#50 Kelly Vance

Kelly Vance

• 681 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:47 PM

The Yankees actually have more HR on the road this year.

Stop trying to change the subject.

jk

#51 Rosterman

Rosterman

• 3,359 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:44 PM

But we still have Bert Blyleven with the most homers allowed by a pitcher in a season. Anyone know the year and number?

Joel Thingvall
www.joelthingvall.com
rosterman at www.twinscards.com

#52 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,589 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:04 AM

The Yankees got to play the Orioles 19 times vs the Twins playing them 6 times, so eventually things were going to even up.

The Yankees hit 61 home runs against the Orioles in their 19 match-ups this year.

#53 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,589 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:09 AM

Meanwhile, the Twins hit 23 homers off of Baltimore in their six matchups, almost four per game. Extrapolate that over 19 games, and they would have hit 73 homers against Baltimore.

#54 SpicyGarvSauce

SpicyGarvSauce

Ft Myers Miracle

• 377 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:47 AM

I really couldn't care less if the Twins hit another "bomba" as long as they win more games.

This whole bomba thing has run its course, IMO. Win some damn ballgames and then talk to me.