Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins vs. Nationals 3:40 PM PST (5:40 PM CDT)

game thread twins nationals hawt taeks
  • Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Super Duper Senior Member

• 7,137 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:49 PM

Running a bit late here, as I didn't realize the start time was moved up a bit. Odd start time, but, this has been an odd season.

This season has had more ups and downs than "Wild Thing" of Valley Fair fame!

*No, I'm not about to bring Mitch Williams into the discussion! Oh, wait...

But, and we're carrying over a theme here, it has been a magical season for the Twins faithful this year.

*Yes, I'm reaching. Content is content! Even if it's youtube video!

*Internet 101...cat videos, because, well, cat videos.

Now, for some thoughts:

1. No matter how you look at it, Cleveland still struggled to win the last game against the Twins and the Twins were fielding close to Quad A squad.

2. The Twins need to take care of business against the Nationals because there's no way Cleveland does anything but put the hurt on the Angels.

3. Cruz is back in the lineup. 

4.Arraez, unfortunately, is in the leadoff spot. Not, not unfortunately because he's incapable of leading off. Rather, it's unfortunate because it means Max is out of the lineup.

I apologize for the lateness of this thread, life has sort of caught up with me recently.

With that, 

5. Play ball!

• USAFChief, Sconnie, mickeymental and 4 others like this

#2 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,347 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:50 PM

Time for Berrios to step up and win a game by hisownself.

• Blake, Mike Sixel, Danchat and 10 others like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#3 Blake

Blake

• 7,137 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:51 PM

Disclaimer: No disclaimer to disclaim as the disclaiming department has sold out of disclaimers. However, if I might direct your attention to Dollar Disclaimer, where old and dusty disclaimers are available for a discount, which may, hopefully, satisfy all your disclaiming needs.

Thanks you,

-Dollar Disclaimers, Inc.

• Riverbrian and Don Walcott like this

#4 FLTwinsGuy

FLTwinsGuy

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 520 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:08 PM

No dozier? Bummer

#5 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,567 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

Time for Berrios to step up and win a game by hisownself.

He's gotta step if he's pitching.

That's why it is called a mound.
  • FlauerPauer likes this

#6 Blake

Blake

• 7,137 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:11 PM

No dozier? Bummer

I didn't notice that, yes, bummer.

That aside, looks like the Nats are fielding some players that are getting long in the tooth.

#7 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,567 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

LaMonte Wade gets a hit (my bold prediction... though not so bold as to say it happens today... merely to strongly imply it)
  • Riverbrian and Sconnie like this

#8 TheRealCupOfJoe

TheRealCupOfJoe

Elizabethton Twins

• 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:25 PM

The Twins' home run record won't be standing for long. Yankees only 5 behind. 2 less games for them, but they play 6 games against the Tigers and Jays over the next 6 games, while we're playing the Nationals and Indians. And many of our thumpers are hurt. This time next week they'll likely be trailing the Bronx Bombers...

Edited by TheRealCupOfJoe, 10 September 2019 - 04:25 PM.

• bighat likes this

#9 FlauerPauer

FlauerPauer

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,487 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

The Twins' home run record won't be standing for long. Yankees only 5 behind. 2 less games for them, but they play 6 games against the Tigers and Jays over the next 6 games, while we're playing the Nationals and Indians. And many of our thumpers are hurt. This time next week they'll likely be trailing the Bronx Bombers...

Does this matter? The only thing that matters is winning baseball games. Twins need to focus on the game at hand and not worry about silly records. 

Also, the Yankees just won't let the Twins have nice things, lol

• Danchat, wabene, mrtwinsfan and 1 other like this

#10 mrtwinsfan

mrtwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,734 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:36 PM

How is it Bryon had a mri and nothing showed ??What r the twins doing ??Rocco cant be Believed or will never talk ANY negative news, Be nice to be able to trust what he says,  

#11 mrtwinsfan

mrtwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,734 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:40 PM

Marwin- Cave-anyone heard anything, might we see them again or not ??,Cron - honestly he dosent matter in the long run,, And now Sano ? Keplar they say shows no Damage on a mri also, Bizarre

• bighat likes this

#12 mrtwinsfan

mrtwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,734 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:41 PM

Does this matter? The only thing that matters is winning baseball games. Twins need to focus on the game at hand and not worry about silly records. 

Also, the Yankees just won't let the Twins have nice things, lol

Bremer might have a ??if the yanks pass us,i could care less about that also

#13 mrtwinsfan

mrtwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,734 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

Where does Ronald Torres fit into our present team ,Strange ?6:30 start more strange

Edited by mrtwinsfan, 10 September 2019 - 04:47 PM.

• Diesel likes this

#14 Diesel

Diesel

Ft Myers Miracle

• 299 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:54 PM

Where does Ronald Torres fit into our present team , Strange ? 6:30 start more strange

I would’ve rather given someone else at triple a a shot, like Zander Wiel. Out of all the injuries the team has had, not many have affected the infield. Don’t see the need at all
  • mrtwinsfan likes this

#15 TheRealCupOfJoe

TheRealCupOfJoe

Elizabethton Twins

• 22 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:58 PM

Down to 4 now...

#16 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 11,660 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:28 PM

The start time in the title is wrong, Blake.
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#17 mrtwinsfan

mrtwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,734 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:42 PM

Jose ,, Team could really like to see 7 innings tonight,he can put all the past behind him. with a good one tonight

#18 mrtwinsfan

mrtwinsfan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,734 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

Positive start,1 down Jose6 to go

#19 Danchat

Danchat

Pro Bowl Armchair QB

• 5,170 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:49 PM

How is it Bryon had a mri and nothing showed ??What r the twins doing ??Rocco cant be Believed or will never talk ANY negative news, Be nice to be able to trust what he says,  

I think the doctors know what they're doing, they don't just repair labrums for nothing.

Marwin- Cave-anyone heard anything, might we see them again or not ??,Cron - honestly he dosent matter in the long run,, And now Sano ? Keplar they say shows no Damage on a mri also, Bizarre

Gonzalez had an abdominal injury that was going to take some time to heal. Sano's back is injured, which is why we haven't seen him for a couple days. Also, I imagine Kepler is having pain in the shoulder or they wouldn't have done the MRI.

The injuries are just ridiculous, but what can you do? I don't think forcing them to play through injuries is going to help in the long run, especially not if we want to win any playoff games.

• PDX Twin and mrtwinsfan like this

Check out my work at Purple Pain, a Vikings forum: 

Analyzing the Past Decade of Vikings Offseasons

#20 bighat

bighat

Sombrero Grande

• 3,039 posts
  • LocationGuatemala

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

Nice to see Jose Berrios twirl a nice inning and Cruz get some nice wood on the ball in the 1st. Let's keep it going!

• Sconnie likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game thread, twins, nationals, hawt taeks