Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Silver Linings Amid September Storms

jake odorizzi eddie rosario jose berrios
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Don Walcott

Don Walcott

Rochester Red Wings

• 2,047 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, NM

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

Congratulations!

One more potential positive: the defense seems to have gotten over a swoon. That one game against the Red Sox, they had 4 or 5 web gems on MLB highlights, and generally they seem to be playing better now. If they can keep up their concentration, and play defense the way they are capable, it will really help out the pitching in the playoffs.

• Dantes929 likes this

#22 operation mindcrime

operation mindcrime

Minnesota Twins

• 3,095 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:15 AM

Congrats! \m/

#23 Dantes929

Dantes929

• 2,594 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:30 AM

Sorry, the bag of rose-colored glasses being passed around ran out when it got to me.  

I smell 3-0 or 3-1 exit in the divisional series.

Said most fans in 87.Said most fans of every wild card before their team advanced.Of course you might be right.Twins aren't going to be favoredbut I wouldn't even watch if I thought most of the actual players felt like you do. Being a fan of a team that advances despite the odds is so much more satisfying than being a fan of a team that advances because of being a heavy favorite. Of course the underdog advances less often.That;s what makes it sweeter.

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#24 David HK

David HK

Minnesota Twins

• 3,378 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:43 PM

Big congrats from afar, and very impressed you were able to put cogent thoughts about baseball together only mere hours after the nuptials!

Your contributions help make this site a very special corner of the inter-nets. And many good wishes to you both.

This beautiful song from The Boss popped into my head when I read your intro.

Enjoy:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jake odorizzi, eddie rosario, jose berrios