Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Leading Off Podcast: Alex Kirilloff Time?

nelson cruz alex kirilloff michael pineda byron buxton
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,281 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

Well, we now know it won't be Kiriloff. Just wait though, in six years, when he's traded in his last year of control, it will be worth it.

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#22 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• 4,446 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:19 PM

If Kirilloff had dominated AA I think it would be different. For much of the year his numbers weren’t remarkable. It was clearly the injury that set him back but he missed that valuable time and couldn’t make the most of the time as he recovered.

The Twins should be aggressive as they were with Arcia, Sano and Buxton when players dominate a level. I think they would have been with a healthy dominating Kirilloff.

#23 jrod23

jrod23

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 139 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 07:37 PM

I have to fully agree with you here.The Twins will probably take the approach Spycake mentioned, but I get greedy.I'm not a fan of bringing in AAAA players who have a higher floor.And again, for the record, I CANNOT STAND the term "years of of player control".If a player proves to be of worth on a major league roster, give it to him.Kirilloff could easily take the spot on the 40 man.Get him up here while we got guys who need rest.Give him a taste, if he hits, we keep him on.If he tanks, we don't.

Kirilloff's numbers haven't been absolutely lights out, but he's earned it.However, we all thought Buxton was "can't miss".Kubel was dominant in his minors tenure.Same as Oswaldo.There's just something about Kirilloff that reminds me of Mauer w/Morneau power.

I have to disagree with the potent offense part as of right now. An outfield consisting of Rosario, Wade, and either Miller/LaMarre is not potent what so ever. Also with Cruz, Sano and Cron (thumb) dealing with nagging injuries we need a consistent and powerful bat to fill the void we have right now. Cleveland is still within striking distance and a lineup similar to the one that we threw out on Sunday is very worrying because there is not much fire power in there. Twins need a reinforcement. Kirilloff should be that guy. I wouldn't be expecting him to come up and make an immediate impact, but I bet he would give the Twins much better at bats than either Wade, Miller, or LaMarre. 

• Mike Sixel likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nelson cruz, alex kirilloff, michael pineda, byron buxton