Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Game Recap (9/8) Clevinger Shuts Down the Scuffling Twins Offense

ian miller ryan lamarre lamonte wade jr. randy dobnak devin smeltzer
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 SoDakTwinsFan4

SoDakTwinsFan4

Elizabethton Twins

• 19 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:27 AM

I think Arraez and Polanco should bat 1st and 2nd. Kepler 3rd. Garver 4th. Rosario 5th. I don't understand why those power hitters are hitting 1st and 2nd in the lineup.

I agree 100%. I've never liked Kepler in the lead off spot. He swings at the first pitch almost every time! If I'm the Twins hitters I want my lead off man to make the pitcher show me what he's got. He's a great player, and I'd like him anywhere but the lead off spot.

#22 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,625 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:09 AM

If there was ever a good day for a day off, this is it.
  • Dman, howieramone2, bighat and 1 other like this

#23 bighat

bighat

Sombrero Grande

• 3,024 posts
  • LocationGuatemala

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:48 AM

Let's not forget that the final 10 games of the season are going to be against the 2 worst teams in baseball. The division is in hand, I'm just worried that they're not going to be capable of winning a playoff series.

You keep saying this like wins against KC and Detroit are automatic.

#24 rdehring

rdehring

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,464 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:10 AM

Personally, I am gonna sit back and enjoy Twins baseball the next few weeks.Will they be playing in October?We will see how it goes the next couple three weeks.

When I finished reading the paper this morning and learned of the extent of injuries to Buxton, Kepler, Sano, etc., etc., nothing is certain.

Whether it is October 1st or following the first playoff series, gonna look back and smile when thinking of perhaps the most enjoyable Twins season I have ever seen.Then on to 2020!!!

• Dman, howieramone2, bighat and 2 others like this

#25 SpicyGarvSauce

SpicyGarvSauce

Ft Myers Miracle

• 436 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:12 AM

Clevinger is a stud. Can the Twins trade for him?

#26 twinbythebay

twinbythebay

Elizabethton Twins

• 17 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

Forgive me for feeling negatively about this loss. But if you take away Mitch Garver's big home run yesterday, this team is averaging 2 runs per game over the past week. How they got away with winning 3-of-6 against Boston and Cleveland is beyond me. The Twins clearly can't compete head-to-head with Cleveland at this time and I wouldn't be shocked to see them swept next weekend. And with a hot Washington team scrapping for their playoff lives, the Twins are looking at a daunting week ahead.

The offense looks as dismal and absent as it has all year, tank looks like its running on empty, with no help in sight.

Judging by the one win and two close losses this weekend, clearly they CAN and ARE competing head-to-head vs. Cleveland.

• AceWrigley likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ian miller, ryan lamarre, lamonte wade jr., randy dobnak, devin smeltzer