Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Acquire OF Ryan LaMarre

ryan lamarre
  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Kelly Vance

Kelly Vance

• 755 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:53 PM

After Molitor's 2018 post-spring training shenanigans, LaMarre has turned baseball on it's side - one heroic feat after another. Quite possibly, he could be that "missing piece" that propels this team to a title!

Yeah soon as I stand up for him he looks at strike 3 in the ninth with men on.

Why do I bother?

#42 Kelly Vance

Kelly Vance

• 755 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:58 PM

Are you one of the in-laws or something? I don't understand such a strong campaign over Molitor seemingly wrong him.

Honestly, I don't know what gets into me sometimes. 

#43 mikelink45

mikelink45

• 2,823 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:38 PM

(FYI, I see Kepler is going to have an MRI on his shoulder that's been bothering him for a while now. It looks like the OF is falling like the leaves in October.)

Now for Lamarre, I look at him as temporary fill to get a better feel on the impact of all the injuries. Also, Kiriloff is in the playoffs right now and with him not being on the 40 man or need to be, that he will complete that first. It is possible that he could be added to the 40 man and brought up after the Wahoo's playoffs and eventually be on the Twins Oct roster. I think if they are hurting for quality OF's that's what I'd do.

The Wahoos playoff does not matter to me - only the MLB season.I guess I am heartless, but whoever had been performing well fills my roster. 

#44 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• 1,852 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:01 AM

The big issue with Rooker, Wiel and Kirriloff is the CF part of the equation. Cave, Buxton, Kepler are our 3 CF and they are also ALL not feeling 100% or even a LOT worse than 100%. Who's next in CF? Rosario, Miller, Lamarre? CF has become a BIG problem. Time to limp into the post season...

GAHHH!!!

Edit: I forgot to name Wade as possible CF. Should I feel relief now that I added his name to the possible CF's for the remainder of the season and post season?

Edited by goulik, 09 September 2019 - 08:05 AM.

#45 Shaitan

Shaitan

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,211 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 10:42 AM

The big issue with Rooker, Wiel and Kirriloff is the CF part of the equation. Cave, Buxton, Kepler are our 3 CF and they are also ALL not feeling 100% or even a LOT worse than 100%. Who's next in CF? Rosario, Miller, Lamarre? CF has become a BIG problem. Time to limp into the post season...

GAHHH!!!

Edit: I forgot to name Wade as possible CF. Should I feel relief now that I added his name to the possible CF's for the remainder of the season and post season?

Fortunately there are still 3 weeks until the postseason.

This is September baseball.Even on contenders, it's a game of AAAA players. Next year will be a little better, but the up-to-40-man roster is ridiculous.

#46 Darius

Darius

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,657 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:03 AM

Molitor refused to play Ryan who hit .485 in ST and was red hot. Molly just refused to use him, until he cooled off. Then once cooled off, he didn't play as well, so Molly could justify cutting him loose. Robbie is a different story. Molly liked him. And he was so so for months while the Twins carried him.

Glad Robbie caught on in Oakland, but comparing Robbie's treatment to Ryan's isn't fair

This has to be LaMarre’s relative, friend or something.

You’re the only person on planet earth still holding a grudge about a career AAA outfielder’s playing time during a 90 loss season in midst of a 100 win season.

You know why Molitor didn’t use LaMarre? Because it’s Ryan freaking Lamarre. Nobody cares. He didn’t “cool off” because Molitor didn’t play him. He’s not good. Lecturing everyone repeatedly about Ryan LeMarre is ridiculous.
  • ken likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ryan lamarre