Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Game Recap (9/1): Twins Strike Early, Beat Detroit in Brusdar Graterol's MLB Debut

michael pineda brusdar graterol jake cave luis arraez willians astudillo
  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 9,271 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:19 PM

I didn't want to start another thread, so I'll post this on the game recap thread--are we certain that Odorizzi gets the ball tomorrow? If one of the callups (Thorpe or Smeltzer) is rested enough, wouldn't it make sense to give Odorizzi an extra day and have him start the Boston series? I really don't like the idea of a second-tier starter pitching to a desperate Boston team in Fenway.

• glunn, scottz, Oldgoat_MN and 6 others like this

#22 wabene

wabene

Wahoo

• 1,060 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:44 PM

Watching on Gameday, and listening, was Radsurb Loretarg really "struggling?"  He seemed like he was hitting his spots with speed (obviously) and precision.  Seemed like a couple of lucky hits to me, and the visit from Johnson was probably to say "keep doing what you're doing."  Which worked wonderfully.

Just my interpretation though.  And I think that his name backwards is almost as cool as it is forwards.

Yes Master

#23 Aerodeliria

Aerodeliria

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 628 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, I was also on the Gibson blame train...**GULP*** Don't bother stopping; I'll jump off now.

Let's hope they can figure out how to deal with his problem effectively. It sounds like it's tough to deal with when it is 'raging.' Some here mentioned he looked gaunt; now we know the reason. Beyond balls and strikes, I hope he simply recovers.

https://www.mayoclin...es/syc-20353326

• Brock Beauchamp, ashbury, CUtomorrownight and 2 others like this

#24 AceWrigley

AceWrigley

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 172 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

Graterol on postgame interview: "My mentality in the bullpen... hey, throw hard, and strikes, and that's it. Win." No interpreter needed. Awesome. Good job kid.

• glunn, Oldgoat_MN, CUtomorrownight and 2 others like this

#25 terrydactyls1947

terrydactyls1947

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 646 posts
  • LocationCumberland Center, Maine

Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:07 AM

Yesterday was Sunday, September 1. It was the 136th game of the year putting the Twins 84% of the way through the season. The Twins hit 0 home runs keeping their record-breaking season total at 268 home runs.
  • glunn, birdwatcher, Oldgoat_MN and 1 other like this

#26 Monticore

Monticore

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 105 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:21 AM

A cynic is someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. - Oscar Wilde

Astudillo really is something, a character out of Hans Christian Anderson or Grimm. There's a reason why he was embraced by the fans, broadcasters, writers, poets,and players. He has genuine mystique, an exceedingly rare trait.
  • scottz, Oldgoat_MN, Wizard11 and 2 others like this

#27 Monticore

Monticore

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 105 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 12:32 AM

"He has no effect. He's a bit player".

A cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. - Oscar Wilde

Astudillo is like a character out of Hans Christian Anderson or Grimm. There's a reason why he delighted fans, broadcasters, writer's, poets and players. He has *mystique. He is magic.
  • Wizard11 and rdehring like this

#28 Only Here in Negative

Only Here in Negative

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 150 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 02:44 AM

Astudillo is a fun guy. He’s just not the heart and soul of the team. He continually is made to seem more than he is and then doesn’t live up to it. That’s not his fault; that’s the fault of those who place their misbegotten hopes on him.
  • Krasnoludki likes this

#29 SoDakTwinsFan4

SoDakTwinsFan4

Elizabethton Twins

• 19 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:33 AM

Honest question: what's the point of a 98mph two-seam? Traditionally, a two-seam drops but when thrown at 98mph, pitches don't drop.

Some lateral movement from left to right and coming in hot for a pitch that moves

#30 the_brute_squad

the_brute_squad

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 75 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 06:34 AM

Since we've got Gibby on the shelf for at least one game why not give him some company with Berrios? We've got enough pitching help with the Sept. 1 call ups that it won't decimate our bullpen. His last game against Chicago, while considered a "quality start", was far from a good start. That kind of performance won't win any games against quality playoff teams or even above avg teams like the upcoming Red Sox.

• wabene likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: michael pineda, brusdar graterol, jake cave, luis arraez, willians astudillo