Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Roger's Final Minor League Report

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,566 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

http://www.twinkieto...my-final-report

Please take a couple of minutes of your time to read what Roger is calling his final report for Twinkie Town. For several years now, one of the things I have most looked forward to on Saturday mornings (besides not going to work) is reading Roger's Weekly Minor League Report at Twinkie Town. It always started with the week's transactions and then, team-by-team, went into detail on how the team did as well as the players. Each Saturday article was full of great information.

I've known Roger now for a long time. When I lived in the cities, we tried to meet for lunch a time or two a year, and I feel bad that we haven't done that since I moved. We need to do that again. Like myself, Roger is passionate about the Twins and their minor league system. Like me, Roger loves the process of players moving up the system in an effort to get to the big leagues. Like me, for Roger, it's not just a bunch of names and numbers moving through the system. Roger understands fully how hard it is to get to the big leagues, and how difficult each advancement through the system is. It's about people, not machines. So often people get so negative about kids, and I know for Roger, and for myself, that is so frustrating.

Roger gets it, and that's why his articles were so great. You could tell that he cares for the Twins, but he actually cares about the people, the players, the prospects.

So, as Roger calls it a blogging career, I certainly wish him the best. From the sounds of his final blog entry, he's got plenty on his plate right now. Best wishes, Roger! Take care of yourself, and don't be a stranger!!

#2 PseudoSABR

PseudoSABR

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

Best of luck and health to you, Roger. I've been reading your reports since DTFC...

#3 Jim Crikket

Jim Crikket

• Members
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Just adding my best wishes to Roger, as well, and my thanks for all of his great work following and writing about the Twins' prospects over the years.
[COLOR=#0000cd]I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at[/COLOR][COLOR=#800000] Knuckleballsblog.com[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd] while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd][COLOR=#800000]MetroSportsReport.com[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd].[/COLOR] [COLOR=#0000cd]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#b22222]~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~[/COLOR]