Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Minor League Report (8/23): Jhoan Duran Flirts With No-No, Strikes Out 11

jhoan duran blayne enlow matt wallner seth gray royce lewis
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• 4,636 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:27 PM

Duran pitched 8 innings, struck out 11, and only threw 68 pitches? Is that box score correct? If so.... I wonder why he was pulled with only 68 pitches and didn't complete the game?

• tarheeltwinsfan likes this

#22 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,567 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

I am sorry i don't get round to reading these summaries as often as i'd like these days. Sure do appreciate 'em though.

Been curious about Jake Hirabayashi.

First i heard of him was when he came in for Nick Gordon when he was injured, in AAA. Next i saw his name in one of the Rookie leagues? And now he's at Cedar Rapids?

I have been too lazy to follow up on him.

#23 dbminn

dbminn

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 756 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul, MN

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:10 PM

Per Mariana Guzman early this morning, Edwar Colina is heading up to Rochester... 

Good for him! He's been pitching well. He'd already been moved to shorter stints at Pensacola, so I suspected it might happen.

#24 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,765 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:28 PM

guys like Juan Soto and Ronald Acuna are 20 years old (barely) and have already been in the league almost 2 years

Guy like Soto and Acuña put up numbers that positively demanded they be called up.

Acuña destroyed the Arizona Fall League and was brought up to the majors the next spring, while Soto kept OPSing .900 every time they promoted him mid-season and finally the team "gave up" trying to keep him challenged and double-jumped him to the majors. Rare is the player who performs like them before age 20.

If we had anyone performing like them, there would be something to discuss.

• wabene likes this

We laugh at gypsies, fortune tellers, and horoscopes, yet we trust baseball prospect lists.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jhoan duran, blayne enlow, matt wallner, seth gray, royce lewis