Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Brusdar Graterol Hits 103+ MPH, Is Promoted To AAA

brusdar graterol jorge alcala juan morillo trevor may ryan pressly
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 kenbuddha

kenbuddha

Elizabethton Twins

• 43 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 03:36 PM

That blows my expectations then .... I was expecting 7 shutout innings in game 7 of the World Series from Dobnak and six up/ six down via strike out from Graterol to finish it off ... Arraez can take care of the single run against Kershaw with a perfectly placed inside-the-park home run in the top of the 9th

Anything less, and I'm never watching the Twins again.

ditto.

#22 SwainZag

SwainZag

• 2,426 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 19 August 2019 - 05:38 PM

Does anyone else wonder why Graterol's K/9 isn't higher with his velocity and his slider?  

He's only 20.Really this is only his 3rd year in the system after his very short 2015 and missing 2016, he's still learning how to pitch.The stat I like is how few HR he has given up.7 in his minor league career 208 IP.  

• Bavarian likes this

#23 LimestoneBaggy

LimestoneBaggy

Self-Appointed, Chief Executive Twins Daily Lurker

• 392 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

Does anyone else wonder why Graterol's K/9 isn't higher with his velocity and his slider? 

I've never watched him pitch, but if I had access, I'd like to see the horizontal movement on his fastball and location of the same. Then how it compares to the horizontal/vertical movement of his off-speed offering. 

I agree with Swain though, he's really young, with limited reps, adjusting to the bullpen, and probably needs to see some pitch design work.

All that said....I'm excited (please don't be Jim Hoey, please don't be Jim Hoey...)

Charter Member of the 2019 Twins "Home Run to Hot Dog Eating Contest." One Dinger; One Dog.

"In order to have a testimony, you have to have a test." Teddy Bridgewater

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brusdar graterol, jorge alcala, juan morillo, trevor may, ryan pressly