Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Game Recap (8/17): Twins Win Slugfest in Texas

minnesota twins texas rangers twins vs rangers twins win
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Original Whizzinator

Original Whizzinator

Wahoo

• 907 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:00 AM

Per the Strib Graterol and Alcala are being moved to AAA. That could be quite handy this fall! Gotta like the aggression of this FO. With the way this bullpen looks right now you add some fireballers and push down Harper? Me likey.
  • Dantes929 likes this

#22 stringer bell

stringer bell

In the Twilight of a Mediocre Career

• 9,079 posts
  • LocationElgin, MN

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:28 AM

Trevor May is starting to dominate like the club hoped he would from the start of the season. He looked terrific again tonight, good control and dominant stuff. If hes truly rounding into form, that's excellent news for the bullpen going down the stretch. Opposing batters are really going to struggle to catch up to his fastball when he's rolling.

May was my pick to have the most saves in the Twins' bullpen at the start of the year. That won't happen, but having him as a reliable setup guy would be huge down the stretch.

• Dantes929 and Dman like this

#23 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:38 AM

May was my pick to have the most saves in the Twins' bullpen at the start of the year. That won't happen, but having him as a reliable setup guy would be huge down the stretch.

Kudos to him, and perhaps the coaching staff, as well, for helping him to live up to his stuff. From the middle of June until the deadline, May looked clueless and hopeless out there, despite retaining good stuff.

What a shot in the arm for the pen if he can continue to roll like he has of late. Rogers recent spotty performances suggest he is beginning to break down from overuse. Cutting back on Rogers' innings might be just what he needs to return to lights out form.

May, and maybe Graterol, as well, possibly picking up some of the high leverage innings slack could turn this bullpen from a glaring weakness to a strength down the stretch run and into post-season.

• Original Whizzinator likes this

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#24 shabbos1

shabbos1

Elizabethton Twins

• 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

I don't know who's telling Berrios to throw that two-seamer when it's clearly not working, but ... please stop it.

#25 SwainZag

SwainZag

• 2,421 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:50 AM

I've launched a Kickstarter on your behalf, to fund your attendance to future Twins games. Everyone, please give generously.

httsp://www.kikcstrater.com/projects/allfundsgotoashbury/all-funds-go-to-ashbury

Well played. Well played.

• ashbury likes this

#26 Loops

Loops

• 22 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 10:40 AM

6 runs in the top of the first.2 more in the second.Our "ace" on the mound.Cake walk, right?Wrong!!!!!I hope they figure out what is wrong with Berrios soon.Maybe they need to rest him for a week or two.But right now he is not our #1 pitcher.I am not even sure if he is #2 or #3!

#27 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,062 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 18 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

This is just short of panhandling.

oh come ON!

It's not short of panhandling AT ALL.
  • ashbury, Original Whizzinator and Nine of twelve like this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#28 howeda7

howeda7

• 1,628 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:21 AM

Seems like a lot of confusion between the dugout and their replay man.

And for that matter, I would think that Tommy Watkins would have had the perfect view to insist that Rocco challenge the play. Only Cron, the Rangers RF (and anyone who saw it live on TV)) appeared to

know the obvious.

It was a critical hit by Cron at that juncture of the game, could have cost the Twins the game, definitely a communication breakdown problem that needs to be addressed.

Plus it was the 7th inning. If there is any doubt, you have to challenge it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minnesota twins, texas rangers, twins vs rangers, twins win