Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Theater

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,668 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:39 PM

I'm probably the last person to see Hamilton. It was fantastic!

• ashbury likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#2 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,549 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:57 PM

We have not either.

We used to have season tickets to a pretty modern theater. It was fun. We've also been to Ashland,OR for Shakespeare. It was great.

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#3 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,668 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:11 PM

I used to go to a lot of theatre when I lived in the Twin Cities, but I don’t get to as much as I’d like in Chicago, and there is a lot of good theatre here, not just Broadway type productions like Hamilton, but I like those, too.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#4 biggentleben

biggentleben

• 4,324 posts

Posted 16 August 2019 - 07:13 PM

Have not seen it. I rarely get to see live theater (other than local theater).

Purveyor of videobaseballscout.com to cover all kinds of baseball!!

#5 AlwaysinModeration

AlwaysinModeration

Minnesota Twins

• 2,625 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

It was fantastic. I want to see it again. One of my sons is jealous that my wife and I saw it, but we haven’t shelled out the $ for him to see it...yet.

Last week went to see “Come From Away”, which was excellent. Story of 9/11 small town in Newfoundland that wound up getting dozens of planes diverted there and then thousands of people stranded there for days.

#6 Sarah

Sarah

• 303 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

For those who are in the Twin Cities, Come from Away is coming (no pun intended) to the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis next summer. Hamilton is also coming back to the Orpheum Theatre sometime during the 2020/2021 Broadway season (not sure exactly when yet). 

• biggentleben likes this

#7 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,668 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:31 PM

I missed 'Come From Away' when it was here, but have been told by many it was very good.

#8 biggentleben

biggentleben

• 4,324 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

For those who are in the Twin Cities, Come from Away is coming (no pun intended) to the Orpheum Theatre in Minneapolis next summer. Hamilton is also coming back to the Orpheum Theatre sometime during the 2020/2021 Broadway season (not sure exactly when yet). 

I may have to plan a family trip around Hamilton.

• SQUIRREL and Sarah like this

Purveyor of videobaseballscout.com to cover all kinds of baseball!!