Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Game Recap (8/13): Marwin Comes Up Clutch To Put the Twins Back in First Place

minnesota twins milwaukee brewers twins vs brewers twins win
  • Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Battle ur tail off

Battle ur tail off

Ft Myers Miracle

• 354 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:33 AM

I also thought Perez got kind of lucky last night. He wiggled out of all kinds of trouble and was having kind of a hard time throwing strikes, etc. That said, we will take it for last night. I was also VERY impressed with the way Dyson looked last night. His stuff was fantastic and he pumped strikes in pitch after pitch. 

If he can keep that up, it will help immensely.

#42 howeda7

howeda7

• 1,797 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

It still doesnt make sense. It was the 2-4 spots in the Milwaukee lineup coming up, you use Romo, Dyson, Duffey. 

Is there a person here who didn't see that hanging curve ball to Grandal coming? Somehow the Manager didn't. 

This. We've heard a lot how the new regime uses the bullpen based on the situation not the inning. Saving Dyson/Romo for the 8th/9th is what Gardy would do. Can't use the closer yet, it's not their inning!

Edited by howeda7, 14 August 2019 - 10:39 AM.

#43 SwainZag

SwainZag

• 2,466 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:58 AM

This. We've heard a lot how the new regime uses the bullpen based on the situation not the inning. Saving Dyson/Romo for the 8th/9th is what Gardy would do. Can't use the closer yet, it's not their inning!

They needed 9 outs and Harper had given up earned runs in 1 of his last 9 appearances.The notion and hindsight that everyone knew he was going to give up runs is so overblown.  

• JW24 likes this

#44 big dog

big dog

• 3,041 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

Duffey wasn't perfect but continued a stretch of effectiveness.  

Yeah, how many of us expected to be a part of the bullpen this time of the year?Not many, I'm guessing.

#45 beterday

beterday

Elizabethton Twins

• 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:37 AM

Harper must be relegated to the scrap heap with Parker and the rest.I knew he was going to give up the lead; he had nothing.Every time he comes in the watcher is always amazed that he can get anyone out, let alone the best Milwaukee's got.I'm yelling at the TV, "Get him out of there", as Grandal's ball goes over the fence.

#46 prouster

prouster

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• 522 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

We should expect some ugly wins (and losses) this time of year. Guys are beat up and looking for a second wind. I’m glad they found a way to finish. Go Twins.
  • 70charger likes this

#47 howieramone2

howieramone2

Just say no to myths!

• 1,703 posts
  • LocationMaple Grove/Schaumburg

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:15 PM

It still doesnt make sense. It was the 2-4 spots in the Milwaukee lineup coming up, you use Romo, Dyson, Duffey. 

Is there a person here who didn't see that hanging curve ball to Grandal coming? Somehow the Manager didn't. 

I didn't see it coming. It's nice to hear a member express confidence in Dyson. Our friends at Twinkie Town gave that acquisition an A-. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minnesota twins, milwaukee brewers, twins vs brewers, twins win