Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins vs. Indians, 8/11/19 @ 1:10pm CT

game thread twins indians
  • Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#261 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:18 PM

And this is why you don't bring your closer in for a non-save situation, especially after pitching 2 innings yesterday. May couldn't have gone another inning?

many teams will bring there closer in , in a tie game 9th inning or later at home. There will be no more save opportunities in that game because the only way the home team wins us with a walk off
  • Platoon likes this

You know horses are smarter than people. You never heard of a horse going broke betting on people.  - Will Rogers

#262 ewen21

ewen21

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:19 PM

Except that all of those 31 pitches were 16 hours ago.

As far as this bullpen goes, we can shuffle the deck a dozen different ways but it's still the same card game.

I was WRONG when I defended Falvey for doing nothing to improve the pen. My reasoning was bullpens are unpredictable one year to the next and that we made big improvements to the offense anyway.

I'm not inclined to blame the manager for using Rogers today. I reserve that for yesterday's SP. Would be nice if he could get to the sixth inning in less than 100 pitches

#263 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:21 PM

As far as this bullpen goes, we can shuffle the deck a dozen different ways but it's still the same card game.

I was WRONG when I defended Falvey for doing nothing to improve the pen. My reasoning was bullpens are unpredictable one year to the next and that we made big improvements to the offense anyway.

I'm not inclined to blame the manager for using Rogers today. I reserve that for yesterday's SP. Would be nice if he could get to the sixth inning in less than 100 pitches

I would concur. The Twins lost today because Rogers and Romo needed to throw 25 plus pitches each yesterday.

#264 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:29 PM

Diaz was clearly windmilling.

He made the call.

And it was a very bad call.
  • Riverbrian and Bandit34 like this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#265 Aggies7

Aggies7

I have 1 warning point

• Members
  • 10,676 posts
  • LocationScranton, Pa

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

Yep, when you have exactly two reliable guys in the bullpen, the further you get from the starting getting 18 ours, the less likely we are to win

#266 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

self-depricated

• Members
  • 8,150 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

anyone have hope in Schoop ?

I do.

Sorry i was elsewhere during the game.

#267 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

self-depricated

• Members
  • 8,150 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:01 PM

A day of rest...

Likely travel for the Twins?

Ah. Milwaukee.

I wonder what it says that i go to their mlb website to check my spelling, and it is spelled out only once there... that i can find.

Edited by sampleSizeOfOne, 12 August 2019 - 03:02 PM.

#268 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:12 PM

I’m pretty sure they fly, but I almost wonder if busses would be faster. It’s like 5 hours by bus. By the time you go through security and have to wait for boarding plus any airport delays, I doubt it’s much faster. Plus, I assume they bus players from the ballpark (or wherever they park their cars) to the airport and then from the airport to the hotel. Or they could go real old school and take the train.

#269 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,613 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

I’m pretty sure they fly, but I almost wonder if busses would be faster. It’s like 5 hours by bus. By the time you go through security and have to wait for boarding plus any airport delays, I doubt it’s much faster. Plus, I assume they bus players from the ballpark (or wherever they park their cars) to the airport and then from the airport to the hotel. Or they could go real old school and take the train.

They aren't flying commercial.
It's still much faster for them to fly.
It's a 65 minute flight, including taxiing in and out (46 minutes in the air).

#270 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 12 August 2019 - 05:35 PM

Go Red Sox

You know horses are smarter than people. You never heard of a horse going broke betting on people.  - Will Rogers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game thread, twins, indians