Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Minor League Report (8/10) Gilberto Celestino goes 5-for-5 as Gonsalves and Hildenberger start rehab assignments

gilberto celestino jose miranda stephen gonsalves ryan orourke trevor hildenberger
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 17,700 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

Do they start extra innings with a runner on second in the minors now?

Yup, this is at least the 2nd year that they have done that. 

• glunn likes this

#22 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,549 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:43 AM

Why not just have ties?
  • Tomj14 likes this

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

#23 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,493 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

Will be interesting to see where the staff goes with minors Hitter of the Year now that the two obvious front runners in Diaz and Davis are gone. Assuming there is a bias for the full-season affiliates (CR, Ft Myers, Pensacola, Rochester), the pickings are pretty slim...lots of poor to mediocre results combined with injury-aborted breakouts...and a sprinkle of 30+ year-old journeymen. Probably this next/last month determines the honor. At this point in time, I'd go with Travis Blankenhorn. And wondering when Rooker is going to come back from the worse groin injury ever.

Pitching-wise, there are more guys out there with shinny numbers...but not necessarily the names you would want or have expected at the beginning of the year. Right now, I'd go with Randy Dobnak.

#24 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,493 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

Why not just have ties?

It's adding that extra column to all the databases...and re-writing win% formulas.

Reports are the tech workers refuse to do it until they're provided with meaningful defensive data. I'm on their side on this one. :)

• ashbury likes this

#25 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,623 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

Why not just have ties?

no-crying-in-baseball.png

THERE'S NO TYING IN BASEBALL!

We laugh at gypsies, fortune tellers, and horoscopes, yet we trust baseball prospect lists.

#26 Mike Sixel

Mike Sixel

Now living in Oregon

• 30,549 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

It's adding that extra column to all the databases...and re-writing win% formulas.

Reports are the tech workers refuse to do it until they're provided with meaningful defensive data. I'm on their side on this one. :)

Funny! I can literally heat some former coworker saying this!

It's been a fun year so far, GO Twins. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gilberto celestino, jose miranda, stephen gonsalves, ryan orourke, trevor hildenberger