Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Back in My Day...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• Twins Mods
  • 23,812 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:28 AM

Back in my day, I believed in Santa Claus. And the Easter Bunny ... which, looking back on it, why does anyone teach their kids to believe in the Easter Bunny? At least with Santa you can, kind of, teach 'the spirit of giving,' but the Easter Bunny? What purpose did he serve? But I never believed in the Great Pumpkin, but in my day, it was a good Charlie Brown special.

• twinsnorth49 likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#82 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 11,313 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:54 AM

well, it turns a cheap eating out meal to an expensive one in a hurry... not to mention you're stuck waiting on that delivery guy whenever they get around to it... I don't order pizza much anyways, as it doesn't work with my diet unfortunately... but like Van, I always carry out.

I used to deliver pizza while going through University. Glad you jokers weren’t around or I’d still be paying for it.

#83 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 11,313 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

Back in my day, I believed in Santa Claus. And the Easter Bunny ... which, looking back on it, why does anyone teach their kids to believe in the Easter Bunny? At least with Santa you can, kind of, teach 'the spirit of giving,' but the Easter Bunny? What purpose did he serve? But I never believed in the Great Pumpkin, but in my day, it was a good Charlie Brown special.

Wait...........are you saying Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny DON'T exist?!!!

tom-delonge.jpg

#84 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• Twins Mods
  • 23,812 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

Wait...........are you saying Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny DON'T exist?!!!

tom-delonge.jpg

Back in my day, kids were told when to grow up and not allowed into adulthood without said advice.

• twinsnorth49 likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#85 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 11,313 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

Back in my day, kids were told when to grow up and not allowed into adulthood without said advice.

Back in my day kids didn’t do what they were told.

#86 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• Twins Mods
  • 23,812 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:33 AM

Back in my day kids didn’t do what they were told.

Back in my day, they did ... then things went to Hell in your era. ;)

• twinsnorth49 and Craig Arko like this