Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins vs. Atlanta 5:10 pm PST (7:10 PM CDT) 8/5/2019

game thread twins atlanta hawt taeks
  • Please log in to reply
499 replies to this topic

#481 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,767 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Arraez is absolutely a gamer. Twins needs as many as possible. Cave and Schoop hardly deliver when it matters. I hope not to see Cave and Schoop in the lineup much.

i don't think I like Cave any better than you do, so why did you have to bring him to mind again? Mood ruined. :)

• Blake, wabene and jz7233 like this

We laugh at gypsies, fortune tellers, and horoscopes, yet we trust baseball prospect lists.

#482 Blake

Blake

Super Duper Senior Member

• 7,143 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:49 PM

i don't think I like Cave any better than you do, so why did you have to bring him to mind again? Mood ruined. :)

I honestly have not seen a guy who's torn up Triple A like Cave has come up and fall on his face so badly. 

Both literally and figuratively. :)

• ashbury and gil4 like this

#483 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,767 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:50 PM

After review, the limerick was pretty good, and, while I'm normally not a fan of haiku, the ones posted worked quite well. Don't let that stop you from aiming higher - I'm looking forward to reading about Cruz, Sano, and the Charge of the not-so-Light Brigade. 

"The outlook wasn't brillig for the slithy toves that day ..."

• sampleSizeOfOne likes this

We laugh at gypsies, fortune tellers, and horoscopes, yet we trust baseball prospect lists.

#484 jimbo92107

jimbo92107

Señor Member

• 4,551 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:50 PM

I cannot be down on Schoop because his arm is something else. He's turned some plays that people without his arm wouldn't be able to pull off.

I think Schoop will come around.

Actually, that suggests another possibility for Schoop, if Cave continues to look all thumbs in RF. Schoop's arm sure would play well in right field. Kinda reminds me of Michael Cuddyer's arm, a flat canon. Loved how he used to gun down runners trying to stretch a single. Betcha Schoop could make some of those throws.

Edited by jimbo92107, 05 August 2019 - 09:51 PM.

The door opened. A woman screamed. Someday, my mom would learn to knock.

#485 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• 24,767 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:53 PM

I honestly have not seen a guy who's torn up Triple A like Cave has come up and fall on his face so badly. 

Both literally and figuratively. :)

He tore up Triple A LITERALLY? I... would have thought I'd have seen something about it in the papers.

#486 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• 2,669 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:54 PM

My guy, Sano!

• FlauerPauer likes this

he gone!

#487 Blake

Blake

Super Duper Senior Member

• 7,143 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

He tore up Triple A LITERALLY? I... would have thought I'd have seen something about it in the papers.

Okay, I'm really missing something, because I thought the word was that Cave tore the cover off the ball in Triple A.

Put it down to age and a slow mind, but, be merciful and lean more toward age. :)

#488 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is regressing to the mean

• 2,012 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

Mejia since getting DFA'd: 6 innings, 2 runs earned, 8/2 K/BB, 8 hits given up. It's intriguing to see a contender like the Cards using him, but he's probably not much more than a long reliever at this point.

Of the flurry of DFAs, this was the one I liked the least. I still think he could be useful this year and pretty good in the future.

I will excuse it because they also dumped Parker, so we don't have to endure his dancing bear routine every time he goes to the set position. (The hitters figured out they could hit better if they held off laughing at him until after they hit.)

#489 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,774 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

Apparent Miguel was in the cage all night hitting fastballs off the machine preparing for the ninth. Love it!

And sliders....or maybe he was eating sliders, not entirely sure. Don't care, just keep doing it.
  • Blake and FlauerPauer like this

#490 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• 11,774 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:08 PM

I was quite impressed by Sano's eagerness to respond to Marnie's questions in English. He's not obligated to but I think it shows a genuine interest in being able to connect with a lot of fans.
  • SQUIRREL, Blake, IndianaTwin and 3 others like this

#491 FlauerPauer

FlauerPauer

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,487 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:08 PM

What a big time win for the Good Guys. Atlanta is one of the better teams in the league and to cap it off like that, is a great momentum builder. Hopefully they keep it up and come out slugging tomorrow! Even picked up a game on the Indians which has seemed almost impossible lately.

Go Twins!

• Blake, twinsnorth49 and wabene like this

#492 FlauerPauer

FlauerPauer

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,487 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:10 PM

I was quite impressed by Sano's eagerness to respond to Marnie's questions in English. He's not obligated to but I think it shows a genuine interest in being able to connect with a lot of fans.

Look, the guy has made a couple mistakes in his life. Who hasn't. But one thing is he has always been a big time Minnesota guy and great to the fans. I hope he continues to mature mentally and can put together the promise that he once bestowed upon us. If he can stay healthy and perform the way he has this year, we're in for a good career from Mr. Sano.

• Blake, gil4, twinsnorth49 and 1 other like this

#493 gil4

gil4

The irrational optimism is regressing to the mean

• 2,012 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:13 PM

Yeah, but "Ozymandias" and look upon my works and despair is sort of majestic, though it is a warning rather than uplifting.

Maybe you can save that for 2021, after we win a couple of World Series' but then slump in April as our mini-dynasty starts to crumble.

Better yet, save it for 2025 (same scenario, just a couple more Series wins.)

• Blake likes this

#494 wabene

wabene

Wahoo

• 1,060 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:29 PM

Cave ran up to Sano and thanked him for saving his bacon now Cave needs to save his own
  • Tomj14 likes this

#495 twins1095

twins1095

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 240 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:32 PM

Okay, I'm really missing something, because I thought the word was that Cave tore the cover off the ball in Triple A.

Put it down to age and a slow mind, but, be merciful and lean more toward age. :)

He is.Cave has a .984 OPS at AAA this season.His per 162 game pace stats are the following:

125 runs - 61 2B - 14 3B - 24 HR - 132 RBI - 17 SB

.352 average / .393 OBP / .984 OPS

#496 David HK

David HK

Minnesota Twins

• 3,440 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:34 PM

My initial reaction was obvious homerun. But Bremer’s call was very weak, and the outfielder was jogging in from centerfield like it was a lazy fly...almost fooled me

I had the same reaction at first.

I mean, we get Bremer-gasms on routine fly balls, but that one was anything but. If there was ever a time for Dick to go bananas, that was it.

• Tomj14 and FlauerPauer like this

#497 SwainZag

SwainZag

• 2,470 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:19 PM

12 days shy of the 9 year anniversary of the Thome walk off 

• ashbury and twinsnorth49 like this

#498 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 1,371 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:27 AM

“Under the spreading chestnut-tree, the mighty Miggy stands;
The Miggy, a mighty man is he,
With large and sinewy hands...”
  • ashbury and sampleSizeOfOne like this

#499 IndianaTwin

IndianaTwin

• 1,371 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:30 AM

12 days shy of the 9 year anniversary of the Thome walk off

I prefer the Sox broadcast version, though I can’t find it online. It features Hawk Harrelson blathering on about something unrelated, followed by the blast and 52 seconds of blessed silence from him before heading to commercial with a dejected, “And we’ll be back.”

Edited by IndianaTwin, 06 August 2019 - 05:32 AM.

• SwainZag likes this

#500 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

bomba stick

• 8,567 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 07:09 AM

“Under the spreading chestnut-tree, the mighty Miggy stands;
The Miggy, a mighty man is he,
With large and sinewy hands...”

Go on, i'm listening.

No going back now...

I approve!
  • ashbury, Blake and IndianaTwin like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game thread, twins, atlanta, hawt taeks