Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins vs. Royals, 8/3/19 @ 6:10pm CDT

game thread twins royals
  • Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#21 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:08 PM

Can we line centerfield with bubble wrap or My Pillows? I like Buxton, but didn't Favre once play a game with a broken finger in a much more physical sport? I said it. I guess he is the Jordy Nelson of the league. Sorry BB. Bring Smeltzer back as a starter or stick Trevor May out there (congrats on that win)!

You forgot our newest shiny option for CF for the next 10 days?

Brandon Barnes just went yard for Rochester, hitting his 25th HR of the season and now OPSing near .900.

Edited by jokin, 03 August 2019 - 05:08 PM.

• Original Whizzinator likes this

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#22 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

Some day! That would be a hoot. My wife says I spend too much time on these blogs. "They're my friends!" I tell her. She: "No they're not. Not one of them will show up for your funeral." I say to you all, prove my wife wrong and come pay your respects when my time comes. And, yes, you're all in the will.

This on-line community is made up of good friends who just haven't had the opportunity to meet in person yet.

• PDX Twin and twinssporto like this

#23 obtusebanter

obtusebanter

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:13 PM

Pregame guys gushing about Nathan (rightfully so) and saying the trade for him might be the best in Twins history (later revising it to most one-sided).I'd throw out there the Viola for Aguilera/Tapani/West trade was much better.

How you gonna forget Tim Drummond? C'mon man.

• gil4, nicksaviking and David HK like this

#24 TwinsCD

TwinsCD

• Members
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:18 PM

How you gonna forget Tim Drummond? C'mon man.

Ha, I knew there was a 4th in that deal buuuuut, he wasn't much of a contributor to 91.

• nicksaviking likes this

#25 pierre75275

pierre75275

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:25 PM

How long is the rain delay looking?

#26 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,613 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:40 PM

Because he has a lifetime OPS of .467 vs. Danny Duffy?

What is the sample size?

#27 Blake

Blake

Super Duper Senior Member

• Members
  • 6,438 posts
  • LocationBakersfield CA

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

I hope Danny Duffy is beat around the yard by the Twins. Ever since that display a couple of years ago, I've not liked him.

• David HK and Nine of twelve like this

#28 Platoon

Platoon

Cooperstown

• Members
  • 5,042 posts
  • LocationTwinsWorld

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:57 PM

Some day! That would be a hoot. My wife says I spend too much time on these blogs. "They're my friends!" I tell her. She: "No they're not. Not one of them will show up for your funeral." I say to you all, prove my wife wrong and come pay your respects when my time comes. And, yes, you're all in the will.

I assume there will be a "Circus Boy Update" to notify us of the date and time. Also, some consideration should be taken to plan this event in late summer so I can combine it with a trip to the Black Hills. :).
  • Carole Keller and Circus Boy like this
TwinsWorld: Did you hear we just updated the Stadium Club?

If I wanted balls and strikes called by a robot, I would get an Xbox!

#29 bighat

bighat

Sombrero Grande

• Members
  • 2,526 posts
  • LocationGuatemala

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:14 PM

Can't watch the Nathan ceremony from here with my MLB.TV subscription. Any good? What are we lookin' at here for a start time?

#30 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:14 PM

Not sure I'll be sticking around for the game tonight, end of a 6 day work week and some family time, etc.

But I'm sitting here listening to the Joe Nathan Twins HOF induction and literally getting chills from the list of inductees there. Wow! The men and the memories!
  • twinssporto likes this

"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#31 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:16 PM

Can't watch the Nathan ceremony from here with my MLB.TV subscription. Any good? What are we lookin' at here for a start time?

Should really be listening to the radio broadcast at least. Awesome!

--Lou Brown

#32 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• Members
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:17 PM

per Royals twitter 8 pm.
  • bighat likes this

#33 LVTwinsfan

LVTwinsfan

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

Expect to see Buxton on the IL more and more throughout his career, because the wall willl always win

Edited by LVTwinsfan, 03 August 2019 - 06:18 PM.

• DuluthFan and SF Twins Fan like this

You know horses are smarter than people. You never heard of a horse going broke betting on people.  - Will Rogers

#34 bighat

bighat

Sombrero Grande

• Members
  • 2,526 posts
  • LocationGuatemala

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

Should really be listening to the radio broadcast at least. Awesome!

Thanks for the tip, didn't think that would work. Wow!

#35 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 11,886 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

What is the sample size?

5 singles in 23 ABs with 8 Ks probably made for an easy decision for Rocco to give Eddie the night off and save him for possible PH duty.

• Nine of twelve likes this

Joyous, fact-based and tireless Twins fan for 40+ years, who unfortunately has been characterized as-

"forcing Twins fans to endure more bitter, baseless, and tiresome cheap shots about the Twins FO."

#36 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:23 PM

For those not watching or listening, after the awesome introduction of all the HOF inductees there, Cuddyer was the opening speaker to introduce Nathan and knocked it out of the park. Nathan fighting tears thanking and speaking about everyone, after joking about the rain delaying and spending his career working the 9th, so waiting a little longer didn't matter. Lol

Also made a joke about Cuddyer doing a great job, and he was a closer, so thsnk you and I'm out. Lol. Almost wish he could of stuck with that and dropped the mic. Lol

--Lou Brown

#37 Bomba2026

Bomba2026

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

So I'm watching the pregame Joe Nathan ceremony and I think Johann Santana looks great! I liked him back in the day. Maybe he could come work for the Twins as a pitching coach? Anyone know what he is doing now?

#38 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:26 PM

Realized the fans were even better than he knew when he returned wearing a gray uniform on his return to the Twin Cities and was so warmly received. (Still fighting tears)

--Lou Brown

#39 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 2,636 posts
  • LocationCurrently Hammond Stadium

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:33 PM

I can't even get it on the radio the last few days.KDAL. 

he gone!

#40 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 5,505 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the tip, didn't think that would work. Wow!

Can't watch the MLB package games against the Royals due to living in Omaha. Nothing against the Royals broadcast team, but like I did last night, I'd rather just listen to Dan and Cory on the radio broadcast. Of course, before this crazy "internet" thing came around, I spent about 40+ years listening to 57.0 WNAX out of Yankton SD for my Twins fix, including HORRIBLE late night static on west coast games on car radio, home system and transistor radios.

Not sure this internet thing is going to stick, but I sure like it so far.
  • gil4, brvama, David HK and 1 other like this

--Lou Brown

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game thread, twins, royals