Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Game Recap (8/2): Cruz Powers Twins to Another Close Win Over the Royals

nelson cruz max kepler jorge polanco martin perez sergio romo
  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 HawksNest

HawksNest

Ft Myers Miracle

• 323 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:07 AM

FWIW Reusse tweeted around midnight to expect Buxton to be placed on the IL....

#42 mickeymental

mickeymental

• 1,380 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:19 AM

love the guy, but it's like the old cliche ... wanna buy an alfa romeo? step 1: buy an alpha romeo repair shop.

#43 KirbyDome89

KirbyDome89

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,880 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:06 AM

In other words, Martin Perez has been.....Martin Perez.....since the beginning of June. 

#44 Doomtints

Doomtints

Minnesota Twins

• 3,688 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

Dear Twins,

Nice bullpen or whatever.

Thanks,

Doomtints

P.S. Nice infield defense or whatever.

• D.C Twins likes this

Twins Manifesto: Build for .500, hope for more.

#45 Doomtints

Doomtints

Minnesota Twins

• 3,688 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:09 AM

Problem is: Twins not playing well, not firing on all or even very many cylinders, especially in extra innings.

And, defense has been poor for a couple of months now, along with relief pitching, and against good teams, the starters don't even grade out well.

So, Twins are not playing well.Cleveland is.

Still got time to get back in the groove, but this is go time in MLB and the Twins are waiting at the busstop.

I agree. The defense has really been the difference, this has been a .500ish team since the defense tanked. It's kinda sad the org isn't talking about it, which makes it seems like they are not addressing it and possibly don't even see it.

Edited by Doomtints, 03 August 2019 - 11:11 AM.

Twins Manifesto: Build for .500, hope for more.

#46 Thebigalguy

Thebigalguy

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 61 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:22 AM

Sure, Cleveland has come from 11 1/2 to 3 back. That makes next week's four game series all the more exciting. Our pitching is worrisome. The hitters get runs and the pitchers often give them right back. But that 11 1/2 lead gave the Twins a chance to test out numerous arms in the pen. We know what we have. As for Dyson, we all expect better from him, but he blew one game and almost gave away a second. Tommy Lasorda said even the best teams lose a third of their games and even the worst win a third. It's the other third that determines division winners; we've blown too many late-inning leads. I have hopes that Rogers and Romo, the R boys, can shut down opponents the way Joe Nathan did. If not, we're toast. 

#47 lukeduke1980

lukeduke1980

Ft Myers Miracle

• 477 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:18 PM

The Royals don't seem to know they're supposed to roll over for us like they do for Cleveland.

#48 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• 25,447 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:23 PM

The Royals don't seem to know they're supposed to roll over for us like they do for Cleveland.

the Twins dont seem to know they're supposed to roll over KC like Cleveland does.
  • Doomtints likes this

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#49 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Minnesota Twins

• 11,867 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 12:43 PM

I’ve noticed a lot of complaining about the complainers. :)

Complaining is part of being a fan for some of us. I’d say 90+ percent of us who are complaining are all in on winning this thing.
  • USAFChief, Doomtints and D.C Twins like this
He measured the achievements of others by what they had accomplished, asking of them that they measure him by what he envisaged or planned.
- J. L. Borges

#50 spycake

spycake

• 17,144 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:30 PM

Cleveland vs the Royals this year: 10-6

Twins vs the Royals this year: 7-3

The Royals seem to be rolling over just fine for us, relative to Cleveland.
  • ashbury, Danchat and Dozier's Glorious Hair like this

#51 BBAM

BBAM

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 160 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:35 PM

Dyson blamed himself on the first game.He should have been able to close out a team like Miami and he didn't.Because I have DishTV I have not been able to watch so didn't see or hear any comments from him on last nights game.Two games not a great impression but hopefully in a couple of weeks we can calm down.I am starting to get nervous though.I am not sure what to do about Dish TV?Has anyone switched yet? I don't want to switch because I like PrimeTime Anyway and we have lot's of kids movies recorded but I don't want to miss the rest of the season.Any advice?

#52 spycake

spycake

• 17,144 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 01:49 PM

Dyson blamed himself on the first game.He should have been able to close out a team like Miami and he didn't.Because I have DishTV I have not been able to watch so didn't see or hear any comments from him.Two games not a great impression but hopefully in a couple of weeks we can calm down.I am starting to get nervous though.I am not sure what to do about Dish TV?Has anyone switched yet? I don't want to switch because I like PrimeTime Anyway and we have lot's of kids movies recorded but I don't want to miss the rest of the season.Any advice?

If you're not quite ready to switch from Dish, but you don't want to miss any games, you can just sign up for a free trial of streaming service that carries Fox Sports North.

I see 3 services with FSN that offer free one week trials:

Hulu with Live TV

YouTube TV

Fubo TV

There's also Sony's Vue service which offers a 5 day trial.

I think all of these services also support logging in through the Fox Sports Go site/app, so you don't have to change apps every week -- you can simply log out of Fox Sports Go with one service, and log in with the next.

https://www.foxsportsgo.com/

Maybe I should start a new topic on this, it seems to be affecting quite a few people!

• BBAM likes this

#53 BBAM

BBAM

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 160 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:24 PM

Hulu did not work at least with the 5.99 or 11.99 per month option. Did not want to sign up for 5 day 49.99 per month option. Using Fox Sports Go and my daughters account login. Thank goodness. I was starting to freak out for sure.

#54 spycake

spycake

• 17,144 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

Hulu did not work at least with the 5.99 or 11.99 per month option. Did not want to sign up for 5 day 49.99 per month option. Using Fox Sports Go and my daughters account login. Thank goodness. I was starting to freak out for sure.

The $5.99/11.99 plans are just for Hulu's video on demand library, similar to Netflix.

The $44.99 Hulu + Live TV plan includes live TV channels like Fox Sports North too. And it should have a 7 day free trial -- maybe you have to provide a credit card, but they shouldn't bill you if you cancel within 7 days.

But yeah, any Fox Sports Go credentials should work. Glad you got it working!
  • BBAM likes this

#55 BBAM

BBAM

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 160 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

Not paying $50 for it.I can watch game day with all the fake baseball players and listen to the radio.I do miss watch Berrios pitch and the sluggers slug but I survived the week. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nelson cruz, max kepler, jorge polanco, martin perez, sergio romo