Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Minor League Report (8/1): Kirilloff Drives in Five, Graterol Continues Comeback

royce lewis alex kirilloff cole sands alejandro de aza brusdar graterol
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 PDX Twin

PDX Twin

Portland Beavers

• 1,351 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:19 AM

De Jesus, not De Aza. :)

Sorry!

It's great to get out of the cellar ... as long as you bring something with you.

#22 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

Billy G.O.A.T

• 14,885 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 09:20 AM

Man, the Twins could really use Graterol and/or Balazovic to turn into the real deal. If they want to hand out more extensions, they need to find one or two cost controlled young starters, and not just guys who can slot into the back of the rotation.

So that's two outings in a row for Alcala out of the pen, has the switch been made?

#23 gman

gman

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 216 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:30 AM

Unfortunately Romero threw 2 wild pitches and allowed 2 inherited base runners to score. It appears left handed batters are are still killing him. Hopefully he will learn a pitch(pitches?) that he can compete against lefties with. He still is not lights-out against righties either.

Graterol also seems to have some trouble against lefties, not to the same extent as Romero though,

• Dman likes this

#24 Dantes929

Dantes929

• 2,654 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 11:24 AM

Excited that Graterol is back, but given that he has never pitched above the AA level, it seems premature to pencil him in as a white knight for the bullpen this September. Thorpe and Littell are the best options we have from the system for bullpen roles down the stretch.

I think it would be premature to write it down in ink but have no problem putting it in pencil. Not above AA but I don't think he has that much more to prove if they deem him to be back to where he was before the 2 month layoff. I don't have a problem relying on rookies. Of course some need that first stint to get their feet wet but not everyone. Neshek and Liriano came in as rookies in the middle of a pennant race and were the difference. I don't think Graterol equates to Romero or May.100mph with control seems to play pretty well everywhere.

• DannySD likes this
If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#25 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Owner
  • 17,699 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

Any idea why Balazovic is on the "temporary inactive list"?

Did I miss something?

Pan Am Games in Lima, Peru. On Tuesday, he pitched against Cuba.

#26 Dman

Dman

• 1,671 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 03:22 PM

So does Cole Sands have a chance to make it to AA this year?He has been outstanding in the FS league.I mean a .79 WHIP means he isn't having control problems and if he is challenging hitters and they can't seem to hit his stuff shouldn't he be moving up? 

He has been in High A a couple of months now so those stats look to be pretty solid IMO.It would be nice to give him a solid month in AA to see how things translate there with tougher hitters and smaller parks.Should set him up with things to work on over the winter.

#27 Highabove

Highabove

• 660 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 05:58 PM

Good News

Rob Anthony was on 1500 tonight. He mentioned that Graterol is being conditioned for a debut in the Twins bullpen latter this year. He is throwing over 100 with lots of movement. Lets hope.

#28 Splash45

Splash45

Elizabethton Twins

• 23 posts

Posted 02 August 2019 - 07:07 PM

Good News

Rob Anthony was on 1500 tonight. He mentioned that Graterol is being conditioned for a debut in the Twins bullpen latter this year. He is throwing over 100 with lots of movement. Lets hope.

Can’t wait to watch Graterol close out our World Series victory!
  • ashbury likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: royce lewis, alex kirilloff, cole sands, alejandro de aza, brusdar graterol