Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Front Page: Twins Minor League Report (7/30): Hitters Gonna Hit

edwar colina gilberto celestino jake cave jose miranda andrew bechtold
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Twins Daily Staff
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 11:01 AM

How's his defense at SS, though? Last time I saw him in person he had several opportunities to shine and did not make the play on any. I hope he's in the lineup Friday night because I might be able to get to Pawtucket to watch the game. (Of course maybe he'll be a Giant or a Pirate by then. :) )

What he is now and what he could be remind me a lot of Jorge Polanco's tragectory when it comes to defense. 

This is a comment I would have after watching some of Lewis there last night. Gordon is better than Lewis at this point in time (which is not unexpected).

• ashbury likes this

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 45, Speed: 45. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but will sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

#22 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• 1,265 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 01:10 PM

Good catch. I either went dyslexic or the play-by-play was off last night. It was Jake Cave's triple. :)

Correct...but should it be the "Uber hot" Jake Cave? Just kidding Steve. I really appreciate your articles and comments.

• Steve Lein likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: edwar colina, gilberto celestino, jake cave, jose miranda, andrew bechtold