Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Ten Questions With... Kyle Gibson

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,585 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...ith-Kyle-Gibson

#2 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

Wonder how his AFL appearances will affect his spring training chances to break spring training with the Twins

#3 AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

AllhopeisgoneMNTWINS

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Wonder how his AFL appearances will affect his spring training chances to break spring training with the Twins

Hopefully it gives him the ability to fine tune his mechanics and ultimately get him to the level where he can contribute for the big league club his year.

#4 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,365 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Good article. I wish we knew about the current velocity of his fastball, but I suppose that will be evident once he is throwing in the AFL.

#5 Twins Twerp

Twins Twerp

• Members
  • 795 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

98 mph

#6 greengoblinrulz

greengoblinrulz

• Members
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Hopefully it gives him the ability to fine tune his mechanics and ultimately get him to the level where he can contribute for the big league club his year.

Its hard to tell how/if MN/front office will handle Kyle.
A solid AFL could get him a starting spot (unofficially of course) without needing a spectacular spring training but a bad AFL could mean he has to dominate spring training to leave town with the big club.
Twins are very conservative by nature.....BUT with Gardy's job (TR's to a lesser degree) on the line (needing to get off to a good start so as not to start the fan revolt)....will they go with Gibby to start the year or keep him in ROC for 6wks, at which time Gardy's job could be on the chopping block.

#7 Ex-Iowegian

Ex-Iowegian

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

A couple of years ago at ST, we saw Gibson pitch an inning or two. Although a little raw, he attacked the strike zone in a way that I haven't seen another Twin pitcher do in a long time. I really hope this kid gets a chance to blossom. Large upside.