Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Five Potential Dual Pitcher Trades the Twins Could Make

mlb trade deadline minnesota twins multiplayer trade
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 ChrisKnutson

ChrisKnutson

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:15 PM

While I’d be comfortable with Wheeler alone, having Lugo as a multi-inning guy would definitely help our entire pitching staff stay fresh for the 2nd half, and hopefully the postseason. And if this happens to be the path that the FO ends up taking; great, but I still want Vazquez.

Scratch that, Lugo would only jack up the price to an unfair amount due to his controllability. While I do like him, I feel like we could easily get the same kind of performance from a much cheaper option. Instead of Lugo, why not Ian Kennedy? I mean, he is a former starter (as recently as last season), no reason he can’t be an as effective multi-inning reliever as Lugo.

Also, what’s with the infatuation over dual pitcher trades??
  • jrod23 likes this

#22 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:19 PM

Not that it is an insurmountable obstacle, but aren’t the Twins on Greinke’s “no trade” list?

Correct. Greinke has a partial no trade covering 15 teams, including the Twins.

#23 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 16,302 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:26 PM

Also, what’s with the infatuation over dual pitcher trades??

I'm not infatuated or anything, but there is some potential for a discount by getting two players in one deal. Maybe separately, a team wants X value in return for each player, but together, they can be convinced to accept some Y value that we think is less than X*2.

#24 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 14,190 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:38 PM

I'm not infatuated or anything, but there is some potential for a discount by getting two players in one deal. Maybe separately, a team wants X value in return for each player, but together, they can be convinced to accept some Y value that we think is less than X*2.

My guess is you part with less prospects overall, but probably some higher quality ones. 

As for this deal, everyone knows I've been wanting them to get Body. I'm not as excited about green though (I'd prefer Smith/Giles)… but I wouldn't complain. 

• ChrisKnutson likes this

#25 jrod23

jrod23

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:33 PM

I’d 100% include Graterol in a Syndergaard deal if the opportunity presented itself, every day of the week without hesitation. Would really hesitate to in a Stroman deal but in a package including Giles (if he’s healthy) would probably have to think long and hard about it. Absolutely not in a rental or a reliever only deal.

Can’t believe I’m jumping on this bandwagon but I’d actually rather trade Graterol at this point over Balazovic.

Balazovic profiles better.Besides Graterol's drive of wanting to be like Berrios, it seems he's heading down Fernando Romero's road.Balazovic will be a front line starter.We can't give in with him.

It is now:

Untouchable = Lewis, Kirilloff, Balazovic

• Twins33 likes this

#26 jsteve96

jsteve96

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:15 PM

MLB just posted "5 trade ideas so crazy they might just work," which had the Twins acquiring Stroman and Giles for a package of Graterol, Javier, Jax, Maciel, and Widell.

https://www.mlb.com/...line-approaches

I think the Twins would take that deal in a heartbeat.

No chance they give up both Graterol and Javier in this deal. I don't think I'd give up either. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mlb trade deadline, minnesota twins, multiplayer trade