Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins vs Texas 7:10 PM CST 7/5/2019

game thread twins texas hawt taeks
  • Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 11,310 posts

Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:52 PM

So...the Twins are good again?

Asking for a friend.
  • MVP Nick Punto likes this

#162 MVP Nick Punto

MVP Nick Punto

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:28 PM

So...the Twins are good again?

Asking for a friend.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up there, buckaroo. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we still have 2 games before the break to rack up errors, GIDP, earned runs, wild pitches, and strikeouts. Depending on how big that proverbial cliff we're on is, we may just manage to run ourselves into a triple play, as well!
  • twinsnorth49 likes this

#163 Jham

Jham

• Members
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 06:58 AM

I like him as a 7-8 hitter on a good team. I think he'd be exposed as a middle of the lineup hitter on a bad team.

A defense first 2nd baseman with the arm to play on the left side and power top hit 25hr is pretty valuable. I remember our first game in Baltimore this year after he was traded to the brewers last year. The fans gave him a standing ovation. Figured he must be well liked and respected. Not so much here. Our fans hate making hard contact resulting in double plays. Shame. The guys the type of good natured pros pro that help keep losing steaks short. 2 games to be exact....
  • Shaitan likes this

#164 Bavarian

Bavarian

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

Perez regaining his mojo would be huge for this rotation. His last start against the Rays was huge, another would be even huger.

Yuge even.

• MVP Nick Punto likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game thread, twins, texas, hawt taeks