Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/24): Davis Delivers For Red Wings

jaylin davis keoni cavaco sean poppen griffin jax lachlan wells
  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,575 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:01 PM

The way Jax has been pitching (and the fact that he's 24), it seems like he's got to be next in line for promotion to AAA.

He's only made a couple of starts since returning from the IL. But yes, he's pitched well. I just think that with him the age doesn't matter. They're going to take their time with him. No need to worry about whether he debuts at 25 or 26. 

#22 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,575 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:01 PM

Do you know, Seth, if Brubaker signed for $125,000?Or was it more?If not, once Holland signs they should have lots of money to go after a couple of those lower draft picks.

What a great start by Jax.Looking at the league leaders, if he had about 4 more innings he would have the second best ERA and third best WHIP.Gotta believe he is headed to the middle of the Twins rotation by opening day 2021...if not sooner.

Haven't heard Brubaker's deal. I would guess it would be close to the $125K number. 

#23 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,575 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:03 PM

With his situation that allows him to pitch in the minors, is he somebody that is allowed to get promoted to the MLB, or does he have to stay in the minors until after the Olympics?

I guess he could go to the MLB, then leave for the Olympics, but that doesn't seem like something that would actually happen.

That is an interesting question... I'm not totally sure... 

I don't think that the Olympics is really a factor. I think that baseball being in the Olympics allows for him to play baseball. 

• Yoke likes this

#24 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,575 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:50 PM

How long does Cody Allen stay with Pensacola ? 

Depends on a number of things... but he'll have work to put in to see if he can even pitch there. 

#25 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 4,215 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:47 PM

Reading this part:

Bryon Gandy, the Twins 32nd-round pick out of Lurleen B Wallace St JC

Ha! I wonder how many out there even remember who Lurleen Wallace was? That mention really brings back some weird memories. Sweet Home Alabama, indeed!

I wikipedia'd it just before I scrolled down to your comment.

It was ...interesting.

#26 kengrosz

kengrosz

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:00 AM

die Kosmetika?

Oh no, wrong way..... but nice to see Kate again!

• ashbury likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jaylin davis, keoni cavaco, sean poppen, griffin jax, lachlan wells