Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: MIN 4, BOS 3: Twins Win in 17th Inning, Get First Walk-Off

max kepler michael pineda tyler duffey eddie rosario matt magill
  • Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Monticore

Monticore

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:14 PM

I rooted for the guy, but Cave is an automatic out. I realize La Tortuga can't play center but, he brings a mystical element to the team all unlikely champion teams need.

#122 james2334

james2334

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:22 PM

I rooted for the guy, but Cave is an automatic out. I realize La Tortuga can't play center but, he brings a mystical element to the team all unlikely champion teams need.

I don't know that it's fair to dump on Cave after one game in which a lot of guys struggled to hit. Also, I agree on La Tortuga, he is some type of mythical creature that brings joy and winning with him wherever he goes.

#123 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,423 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:32 PM

Also, I agree on La Tortuga, he is some type of mythical creature that brings joy and winning with him wherever he goes.

This season, when he's played the entire game, the Twins have gone 16-8. In his partial games, they are 6-3. In games he has not played (including his stint in Rochester), they are 26-13. I'm not seeing a big difference in win frequency. :)

• h2oface likes this

It is amazing how many eggs one can break without making a decent omelet.

#124 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

I only stalk idiots.

• Twins Mods
  • 22,989 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

This season, when he's played the entire game, the Twins have gone 16-8. In his partial games, they are 6-3. In games he has not played (including his stint in Rochester), they are 26-13. I'm not seeing a big difference in win frequency. :)

He did say mythical ...
  • ashbury, h2oface and james2334 like this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#125 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• Members
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:17 PM

I don't know that it's fair to dump on Cave after one game in which a lot of guys struggled to hit. Also, I agree on La Tortuga, he is some type of mythical creature that brings joy and winning with him wherever he goes.

I agree. I am sure the day started with little sleep and a lot of travel followed by a long game.

#126 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• Members
  • 4,194 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:10 AM

Exactly. This is what the Sox were showing several times last night. I don't know how you look at that, either as a player or a manager, and not exploit it.

Not only will it get you on base, but it will make the other team feel like morons. Stuff like that turns a game around.

Unfortuneately, most of the guys on the Twins, when they try to bunt, can't do it. Pop it up, foul, or miss the ball all together. Seems like an easy skill to have. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: max kepler, michael pineda, tyler duffey, eddie rosario, matt magill