Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins Jerseys - What do you buy?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Musk21

Musk21

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:52 PM

Finally succeeded in getting my son into the Twins! His birthday is coming up and he wants a Kepler jersey.

Do those of you who buy these typically shell out for the top dollar ones like they sell at Target Field? Or is there a reputable cheaper option somewhere that doesn't look like a clear knock-off?

• glunn likes this

#2 lecroy24fan

lecroy24fan

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

I normally do the replicas.

#3 Doomtints

Doomtints

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

Check ebay.

Twins Manifesto: Build for .500, hope for more.

#4 FLTwinsGuy

FLTwinsGuy

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:44 PM

Check fanatics.com

#5 FlauerPauer

FlauerPauer

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:51 PM

For a kid who is still growing, definitely get something that is a little cheaper. If your son is done growing, then go with one of the nicer jerseys. The $90 jerseys are really solid quality and will last forever (price may have changed; been a while since I've bought a jersey).

#6 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 2,064 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

I'd recommend not buying a game-used jersey for use as clothing. Those jerseys are designed to wear while playing baseball, and as such they are cut quite long in order to stay tucked in. No advice beyond that.

#7 jtkoupal

jtkoupal

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:52 PM

MLB.com and Fanatics is the most reputable and you know what you're getting. It's sticker price, but still a bit cheaper than the stadium. 

#8 RatherBeGolfing

RatherBeGolfing

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:57 AM

Get the jersey t-shirt instead for a kid

#9 NapoleonComplex

NapoleonComplex

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 07:26 AM

I'd recommend not buying a game-used jersey for use as clothing. Those jerseys are designed to wear while playing baseball, and as such they are cut quite long in order to stay tucked in. No advice beyond that.

Agreed.

Couple details to add from my experience buying game-used jerseys for my collection and to wear. If you plan to wear it, buy a "Team Issued" jersey. Not only are they jerseys meant for the player to wear, they go unworn in most cases and are basically brand new. They tend to also be less expensive that "Game Used" jerseys depending on the player. Contact Twins Authentics on social media (Twitter, Instagram). They are very responsive and pleasant to work with.

I personally prefer Team Issued or Game Used Spring Training jerseys. They always have obscure numbers assigned to players that don't make the club, making them far less expensive, less than $75 in many cases. Numbers such as 87 and 91 ... which as a Twins fan is pretty significant. 

• 70charger likes this

#10 SpicyGarvSauce

SpicyGarvSauce

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:25 AM

On a similar note, related to Twins apparel, I went to the game last night and could not believe one of the clothing stands wanted $109 for a Majestic Twins hooded sweatshirt. $109 is insane.