Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Game Thread: Twins vs Mariners 6/11/19 7:10 PM CDT

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#381 BattleYourTailOff

BattleYourTailOff

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:23 PM

About the dedicated closer? Maybe maybe not. I really don’t care if the Twins have only lost 1 game after the 8th on June 12th. I care about them not Joe Nathaning in the playoffs against playoff teams. If someone can be “the guy” that gets it done. Bring him the eff in.

#382 BattleYourTailOff

BattleYourTailOff

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:27 PM

I love our regular season success to this point but it’s kinda odd to see how people forget how playoff baseball is played at another level than April-June baseball. Maybe it’s our lack of playoff appearances in the last decade that is causing amnesia.

#383 MNT1996

MNT1996

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:36 PM

Reminder for people to vote for the All-Star game. I really think Castro belongs in Cleveland for the ASG but he needs some voting help. 

• Carole Keller likes this

#384 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:39 PM

We’re 100% on the same page then. I still want May on this team. Just not a 7th,8th,9th/high leverage option. And yeah it’s not a mortal sin to bring him in here in June. Past the trade deadline tho, definitely.

See, I only want a reliever brought in based on leverage, matchups, and general health of the roster. If May is that guy on August 18th, I want him brought in for the ninth inning.

#385 BattleYourTailOff

BattleYourTailOff

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:44 PM

See, I only want a reliever brought in based on leverage, matchups, and general health of the roster. If May is that guy on August 18th, I want him brought in for the ninth inning.

Yeah man. August 18th is whatever. Hopefully we are rolling up on clinching shortly after then. I’m more thinking of our roster come the playoffs. If May is a high leverage guy in October it’s because he elevated his game to that level or we didn’t do enough to this bullpen. As of now. I don’t want him anywhere near high leverage situations against Astros or Yanks in October. That’s just me tho.

#386 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:53 PM

Yeah man. August 18th is whatever. Hopefully we are rolling up on clinching shortly after then. I’m more thinking of our roster come the playoffs. If May is a high leverage guy in October it’s because he elevated his game to that level or we didn’t do enough to this bullpen. As of now. I don’t want him anywhere near high leverage situations against Astros or Yanks in October. That’s just me tho.

If you're worried about October, why are you also so concerned about singular games in June?

I want bullpen additions, and good ones... but I'm not going to fret over Baldelli's EXCELLENT usage of relievers over the past month plus. 

In cast you haven't noticed, the team has to play roughly 100 games between now and October. Maybe conservation and rest is... a... good thing?

• luckylager likes this

#387 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• Twins Mods
  • 23,819 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:55 PM

If you're worried about October, why are you also so concerned about singular games in June?

I want bullpen additions, and good ones... but I'm not going to fret over Baldelli's EXCELLENT usage of relievers over the past month plus. 

In cast you haven't noticed, the team has to play roughly 100 games between now and October. Maybe conservation and rest is... a... good thing?

Baldelli apparently said in the post gamer Rogers wasn't available tonight. I'm reporting this second hand, as I don't get to see the post gamer.

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#388 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

I only stalk idiots.

• Twins Mods
  • 22,713 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 10:59 PM

Baldelli apparently said in the post gamer Rogers wasn't available tonight. I'm reporting this second hand, as I don't get to see the post gamer.

There's a tweet embedded in the game recap that said Rogers was unavailable due to back stiffness.

Uh oh.

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#389 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• Twins Mods
  • 23,819 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:01 PM

There's a tweet embedded in the game recap that said Rogers was unavailable due to back stiffness.

Uh oh.

PANIC!!!!!1!

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#390 jz7233

jz7233

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:12 PM

Seriously? Two dinks barely over Polanco's head (one from a lefty) are "solid"?

And Seager got "good swings"? Surely you mean that one "good" swing where he fell to his knee and fouled the ball off his own body. Great swing, good form. Or maybe you mean the time he fought off a ball on his hands and sent it about 50 feet into the stands.

And Vogelbach is such a great hitter that he outshines Sano, right? And you surely back Sano for "getting a good swing" on plate appearances where he ends up popping out weakly to left.

Because that's just bad luck for Sano.

BTW, the mighty Vogelbach took one pitch looking and then weakly popped out, FTR.

Vogelbach is a good hitter. He was a bit aggressive there. That's a ball he hit. May got lucky.

Edited by jz7233, 11 June 2019 - 11:13 PM.

• BattleYourTailOff likes this

#391 Original Whizzinator

Original Whizzinator

Wahoo

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:00 AM

Yeah it’s not like the FO doesn’t know we need BP help. If Rocco was proving a point it’s pretty redundant at this point. Bad pitching management.

I don't agree. This is how Rocco keeps everybody involved and exposing May to situations like this might calm him down over time.
  • Carole Keller likes this