Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/10): Jax Returns, Jay Traded

blayne enlow tyler jay ben rodriguez jaylin davis jacob pearson
  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,282 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

Fantastic seeing Jax back on the mound, regardless of the results...which weren't bad.Now if Mr. Kirilloff will join him, all will be good in Pensacola.

Was it a difficult decision whether to give the pitching award of the day to Enlow or Teng?

I recall you and others talking about how good defensively De La Torre was when he came into the organization.Several years later, is he confirming he is that good?Could be another middle infielder to watch if he continues to hit like he has in his short stay at Cedar Rapids.

Enlow or Teng? Not too difficult but both pitched well.

De La Torre. I think he's good. He's playing all over already too. 

• glunn likes this

#22 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 17,282 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 04:23 PM

Good stuff as always Seth.I know Royce has all the tools, but his second half struggles in the FSL last year, and the first half here have allowed the likes of Michael Davis and Joe Cronin to continue the streak of leap froggers from Cedar Rapids to AA.Royce isn't really striking out a ton at all compared to earlier.So he's making contact, but just hitting to people.Is this accurate?He's got a great head on his shoulders, so I hope he's staying on the positive side of things.I was a bit surprised to see he made the ASG down there, but then again, the talent pool in the FSL-South isn't top notch right now.

Regarding the All Star game... Lewis is a "star." Not sure performance was a big factor ,or that it should be.

I also wouldn't read into the leap frogging thing... They are going to do what is best for Lewis, always... if there is a need elsewhere, they'll fill in. Cronin has jumped all over the last couple of years. Davis is older than Lewis. When they deem Lewis ready for AA ,he'll move up. 

• glunn and dbminn like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blayne enlow, tyler jay, ben rodriguez, jaylin davis, jacob pearson