Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Minnesota Twins 2019 MLB Draft Signing Tracker

draft signing tracker mlb draft minnesota twins
  • Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 SQUIRREL

SQUIRREL

Rally SQUIRREL!!!!

• 24,660 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

18th round pick Edouard Julien from Auburn has signed for 493k

Wow ... that a huge over-slot bonus ...

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#82 Dman

Dman

• 1,671 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:27 PM

18th round pick Edouard Julien from Auburn has signed for 493k

Wow I did not see that coming.That is a nice get for the Twins.Yet another power hitter with a bit of swing and miss concerns but he is young.Plenty of time to turn it around.Very happy they got him he has fair bit of upside Fangraphs had him at 88 and MLB at 177.Doesn't run real well, doesn't have a great arm but has an above average power stroke.Currently a lot of swing and miss but he has been hitting really well recently.He is a nice lottery ticket if you ask me and they needed to do something with that left over money anyway.

• Lunger likes this

#83 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• 14,487 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:28 AM

guess they didn't really like many prep players this year... not sure what to think about that.

#84 rdehring

rdehring

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,465 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:37 AM

Do they have enough powder left over to sign the Canadian lefty?Someone else?

[Disregard this comment, thought the amount listed above as remaining was after signing Julien.After looking again, they used every dollar remaining to get him signed.Nice going front office!]

Another year where they signed over 30 picks.Much different than the past when the norm was mid-20's signed each year.

Edited by rdehring, 10 July 2019 - 07:00 AM.

#85 Dman

Dman

• 1,671 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 06:42 AM

guess they didn't really like many prep players this year... not sure what to think about that.

Yeah I was thinking they would spend that money on one the High School pitchers they took late.Either they didn't like them that much or $500,000 wasn't enough to get them to sign? 

System needs more pitching lotto tickets if you ask me but experts said this year was not great for arms so looks like they are taking their shots with hitters that have potential instead of arms as they went over slot for two power hitters with swing and miss in Holland and now Julien. No such deals for any arms this year.

#86 rdehring

rdehring

Rochester Red Wings

• 1,465 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:19 PM

Yeah I was thinking they would spend that money on one the High School pitchers they took late.Either they didn't like them that much or $500,000 wasn't enough to get them to sign? 

System needs more pitching lotto tickets if you ask me but experts said this year was not great for arms so looks like they are taking their shots with hitters that have potential instead of arms as they went over slot for two power hitters with swing and miss in Holland and now Julien. No such deals for any arms this year.

The two Stillwater kids taken in the 35 and 36 rounds have played together and been friends since they were very young.They are both headed to Oregon State and signing them was a long shot from the moment they were drafted.

#87 operation mindcrime

operation mindcrime

Minnesota Twins

• 3,234 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:05 PM

I'm glad we signed Julien! We gave him $10,000 more than we gave our 4th rounder! So far we've signed 33 out of 41 picks. Hopefully we can sign a couple more of these guys! Go Twins!!!!! :)

#88 Dman

Dman

• 1,671 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:10 PM

The two Stillwater kids taken in the 35 and 36 rounds have played together and been friends since they were very young.They are both headed to Oregon State and signing them was a long shot from the moment they were drafted.

Was thinking the Canadian but any high school pitcher would have been nice.

• rdehring likes this

#89 twinsfanstreif

twinsfanstreif

• 717 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:04 AM

By my count Cavaco was the only HS player we signed. Did I miss anyone?

#90 operation mindcrime

operation mindcrime

Minnesota Twins

• 3,234 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:30 AM

We signed 32 out of 41 picks so far! I'm unable to edit my comment!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: draft signing tracker, mlb draft, minnesota twins