Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins 2019, in sum (Also, I'm Back)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:00 AM

1. Falvey and Levine have to be commended for making this organization into a powerhouse. 

2. Rocco Baldelli is a damn good manager. Any anti-millenial talk should be erased from history.
3. Miguel Sano is not a fading superstar. Good. Lord. Even a question mark at the end of that headline wasn't going to save that article.
4. The Twins absolutely need bullpen help. 
5. Moving Pineda there might work.

6. I like Smeltzer, but I don't know about him as a long-term fifth starter. Maybe the rest of the season though?
7. What is with all the hits against Lewis Thorpe? I haven't dug deep in this site lately. Any insight? 
8. I see the Twins prospect pool as nicely deep for any trades for pitching. 
9. Jake Cave gonna be a part of any trade. He is still a valuable asset.
10. Nick Gordon absolutely should be traded. No offense to him. He will be a decent-solid player in MLB.
11. It is FINALLY that time when all of these prospects are together and are living up to the hype. Rosario, Polanco, Kepler, Sano, Buxton, Berrios, etc. These guys that I have followed since they came into the organization . . . 
12. This site is still undoubtedly near or at the top in all of sports (seriously . . . try to find other ones for other teams that are quite like this one).

• luckylager, BK432, Jerr and 7 others like this

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 13,680 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:45 PM

nice post Shane....

not quite sure I agree with you on Pineda in the pen... though I do think Perez would be pretty dominant in the pen if the recent spate of not so good starts becomes a thing. 

#3 goulik

goulik

Kernel of truth

• Members
  • 1,696 posts
  • LocationElko

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:53 PM

Welcome back. Missed ya

#4 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 21,471 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:01 AM

2. Rocco Baldelli is a damn good manager. Any anti-millenial talk should be erased from history.

I'm assuming that this is about Tom's article... which it appears you didn't read?

Because it was nothing but praise for Baldelli. The title was a tongue-in-cheek look at his managing style and how it's working.

http://twinsdaily.co...al/?hl=coddling

• Carole Keller, USAFChief and 70charger like this

#5 Thegrin

Thegrin

• Members
  • 976 posts
  • LocationRipon, CA

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:50 AM

What ? Huh ? Whats that now ? Hmmm ? What you say ? Why ? btw... I love your coherent writing style.

:)

#6 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 6,037 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:02 AM

No. That article was great. I was referring to the general hostility toward millenials out there broadly.

I'm assuming that this is about Tom's article... which it appears you didn't read?

Because it was nothing but praise for Baldelli. The title was a tongue-in-cheek look at his managing style and how it's working.

http://twinsdaily.co...al/?hl=coddling

• Brock Beauchamp likes this

#7 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,983 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:07 AM

No. That article was great. I was referring to the general hostility toward millenials out there broadly.

Finally... Someone UNDERSTANDS us millennials!

download.jpeg

#8 BattleYourTailOff

BattleYourTailOff

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 10:20 AM

Well ya know us damn kids with our batflips and haircuts and vidja games really ruffle some feathers.

Edited by BattleYourTailOff, 12 June 2019 - 10:20 AM.