Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Twins Promote RHP Ryan Eades

ryan eades
  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 20,907 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks, ND

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:43 AM

For every Luke Voigt there are 2999 washouts where their past history proved correct, and they had no ability to perform well in MLB.

I dont want the Twins to sift through 2999 washouts looking for nr 3000. I want them to acquire and play the few who have demonstrated a high likelihood of success. I certainly dont want them to look at 2 scoreless innings from Ryan Eades, which consisted of modest pitches and 4 baserunners, and a runner thrown out at the plate, and determine there's more there than 6 minor league years have shown.

He's on the team, and will get innings so I hope he performs well. But I hope they dont stop looking for better options, so he can be returned to Rochester where he belongs.

There will be a (impossible to determine) percentage of those 2999 washouts who were never given a chance due to predetermination. 

Those 1 out of 3,000 players all seem to be landing on the same rosters. IE Only Certain teams seem to be good at finding these 1 in a million players.  

You don't want the team to sift through 2999 washouts in search of that rare 1 out of 3000 player. I don't either... but I'm insistent that they sift through 25 players at a time.

BTW Giving Eades or anyone a chance should not prevent a team from looking for better options. The team should constantly be looking for better options. However... Not giving Eades or anyone the chance to be a better option due to predetermination is the very definition of "stop looking for better options". 

A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

President of the "Baseball Player Positional Flexibility" Club 

Founded 4-23-16 

Strike Zone Automation Advocate

I'm not a starting 9 guy!!!

#42 Jham

Jham

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:28 AM

I love how the final spot on the roster is being used as a rotational position for relievers and shoot starters with options. It takes innings off other arms who may need to pitch well into October. I was frequently frustrated by the FO holding Rule 5 guys and rule 5 eligible guys they didn't intend on using while burning out our high leverage guys in low leverage situations. Having to use guys just because our designated long man was recently used was unconscionable to me.

Our issue isn't depth at the back end, it's depth and overall ability at the top end.
  • 70charger likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ryan eades