Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/7): Rochester Scores 26 Runs In Doubleheader Sweep

jhaon duran drew maggi brent rooker carlos suniaga lewin diaz
  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 bluechipper

bluechipper

• Members
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:37 AM

Rooker seems to have quieted his early season woes... still needs to drop that K rate, but he's trending in the right direction.

He's got a 39% K rate this year. I don't see how that could possibly work. It's always funny to look at his stats in these daily reports, it seems like his outs are only K's, and his .439 BABIP sure supports that.

#22 RaymondLuxuryYacht

RaymondLuxuryYacht

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:46 AM

Hungry Like the Wolf

#23 Tom Froemming

Tom Froemming

Content Editor

• Administrators
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:17 AM

Except Arraez is the first Twins call-up if an IF goes on the IL. The best teams maintain AAA depth for a long season. I wouldn't trade Cave either.

The trade deadline is July 30 this year. That's two months where it will not be easy to find a replacement if there are an injury or two.

Maybe, but if anybody misses significant time, I'd think it'll be Marwin who takes over as the everyday guy and they'd still have Adrianza as the utility IF.

• jud6312 likes this

Find me on Twitter @TFTwins and subscribe to my YouTube channel.

#24 Aerodeliria

Aerodeliria

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:03 AM

I wonder what the Twins are going to do regarding 2B during the offseason. If Schoop steps it up a bit this season and has a good 25 HRs with around a .800 OPS do we extend him for a couple years? He obviously brings more pop to the plate than we would get with Arraez. Plus Schoop is relatively young so his prime may not even have come yet. Personally I think we resign Schoop and condition Arraez to be the next MarGo for us.

Personally, when the time comes, I'd shop Schoop and keep Arraez. I'd love at least one guy who is always getting on base, either by way of BB or singles. I'd like to keep Marwin around for his flexibility.

#25 ashbury

ashbury

Twins fan, no joke!

• Twins Mods
  • 23,704 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:24 AM

I agree and see him as a perfect lead off hitter for much of the next decade.Will be surprised if he doesn't have many .400 OBP seasons in his future.

The last few seasons tell me that it's really difficult to do .400 OBP for an AL season without 25-HR power. Maybe Arraez will develop into that, but for now I don't see it.

So, in conclusion, what was your question again?

#26 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:31 AM

Personally, when the time comes, I'd shop Schoop and keep Arraez. I'd love at least one guy who is always getting on base, either by way of BB or singles. I'd like to keep Marwin around for his flexibility.

You want us to sell at the deadline?

#27 Aerodeliria

Aerodeliria

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 08:40 AM

It's a conundrum, but if the bullpen is still shaky and we can get someone like Hand, why not?

#28 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:45 AM

Lots of speculation regarding second base depth without the mention of the player the Twins invested the number 5 overall pick in...and currently OPS’ing nearly .800 with our AAA club.

#29 jkcarew

jkcarew

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

It’s a bold strategy, Cotton...let’s see how it pays off for ‘em.

#30 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 03:33 PM

It's a conundrum, but if the bullpen is still shaky and we can get someone like Hand, why not?

This doesn't make any sense.
If Cleveland decides to sell, it's not going to be for a veteran on an expiring contract.

#31 Aerodeliria

Aerodeliria

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 05:47 PM

This doesn't make any sense.
If Cleveland decides to sell, it's not going to be for a veteran on an expiring contract.

Well, I can't argue your point, but I keep thinking that the Twins took Forsythe for Dozier, maybe it's not a great comparison, but if someone liked Schoop and would then have negotiating power with him and then, we threw in someone to sweeten the pot who had some actual value like say Rooker or Cave, it might be possible.

#32 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• Members
  • 7,642 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 04:37 AM

Well, I can't argue your point, but I keep thinking that the Twins took Forsythe for Dozier, maybe it's not a great comparison, but if someone liked Schoop and would then have negotiating power with him and then, we threw in someone to sweeten the pot who had some actual value like say Rooker or Cave, it might be possible.

I believe Forsythe was only included in that deal for the Dodgers to stay under the luxury tax. The Twins don't have to worry about that.
They aren't trading their starting second baseman at the deadline.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jhaon duran, drew maggi, brent rooker, carlos suniaga, lewin diaz