Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Twins Select Matt Canterino with 54th Overall Pick

mlb draft draft matt canterino
  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Knuckleball9

Knuckleball9

Elizabethton Twins

• 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 07:38 PM

Having said that I'm not all in on Keuchel unless he fits the culture.. and doesn't cost Jim an extra Yacht.

#22 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 7,738 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:05 PM

OK, here is my exact problem with the Poor'lads... 13th ranked pick goes in third round due to 4mil. signing demand. We don't bite. $4mil. ONE TIME signing bonus.
It's morning in Minnesota and the birds all say CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP

Each team has a bonus pool allotment. That is the maximum that they are allowed to spend signing draft picks. The Twins will spend their entire draft pool allotment, how is that being cheap? They may not allocate the money to the player that you want them to, but they are still spending it.

#23 Trov

Trov

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• 181 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:14 PM

I think as much, or more concern than injury, is that he isn't going to be able to control the running game with that delivery.

Scout reports state he holds runners will with a good pickoff move, and not many teams run now a days.Also, his K rate has been high in college, if he can carry that over, running on him is not as effective, because striking out hitters at plate means no sac flies. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mlb draft, draft, matt canterino