Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: MIN 9, TB 7: Odorizzi Shines In Tampa Return

jake odorizzi byron buxton miguel sano taylor rogers mitch garver
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Jham

Jham

• Members
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:35 AM

Regarding the pitch count, Odo was facing a really good team that doesn't give away at bats and makes the pitcher work. He did great.

I don't know what Tampa was thinking cutting CJ Crohn, but thanks. It's sort of working for them, but they gave away an asset in a competitive year when they'll likely be a buyer, all for limited salary relief.

For whatever reason, I'm not that worried about Magill and Parker. Blow outs either way make it tough for relievers who rely on adrenaline to focus in. Sometimes they might even try some new stuff.
  • Shaitan likes this

#22 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 13,900 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 03 June 2019 - 07:38 AM

Regarding the pitch count, Odo was facing a really good team that doesn't give away at bats and makes the pitcher work. He did great.

I don't know what Tampa was thinking cutting CJ Crohn, but thanks. It's sort of working for them, but they gave away an asset in a competitive year when they'll likely be a buyer, all for limited salary relief.

For whatever reason, I'm not that worried about Magill and Parker. Blow outs either way make it tough for relievers who rely on adrenaline to focus in. Sometimes they might even try some new stuff.

not quite sure I agree. That adrenaline should have kicked in during the 7th when they spotted them 5 runs. 

You should be worried about the pen. It's not that good. 

• USAFChief, Taildragger8791 and Tomj14 like this

#23 Alex Schieferdecker

Alex Schieferdecker

Elizabethton Twins

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:23 AM

Duffey and Morin were fresh, and the Twins had a seven run lead. Not sure why Rocco went with Magill, but it backfired tremendously. Thankfully the Twins have a day off tomorrow, but that wasn't ideal.

The Twins can't get too over their skis, because it's still the first week of June, but there's no reason not to get stricter about a bullpen rotation. Let's get guys the rest they need, even if that means putting Tyler Duffey in a tough spot and seeing if he can sink or swim.

#24 JLease

JLease

Pensacola Blue Wahoos

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:34 AM

Also, I totally agree with Bert: time to blow the Trop up! God, that stadium is a hole. Worst stadiums in MLB have to be Tampa and Oakland, right? I doubt anything else is even close.

• rdehring likes this

#25 USAFChief

USAFChief

Bad puns. That's how eye roll.

• Twins Mods
  • 24,206 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:35 AM

Also, I totally agree with Bert: time to blow the Trop up! God, that stadium is a hole. Worst stadiums in MLB have to be Tampa and Oakland, right? I doubt anything else is even close.

Awful stadium, but we have no room to criticize...we had the Metrodome. Also awful.

Cutting my carbs...with a pizza slicer.

#26 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 21,785 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:52 AM

Awful stadium, but we have no room to criticize...we had the Metrodome. Also awful.

Except the Metrodome wasn’t built in the late 80s when everyone else in baseball was returning to open-air, baseball-specific stadiums.

And then there’s the location of the Trop, which is one of the biggest reasons Tampa has such awful attendance.

At least the A’s have the excuse that their stadium is old and that the Raiders spent two decades systematically making the stadium worse for baseball viewing.

#27 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

Not sure if you've heard or not, but apparently we haven't played in the Metrodome in a decade.

#28 Cap'n Piranha

Cap'n Piranha

• Members
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 09:49 AM

Odorizzi. Can this last all the way through the World Series rematch with the Dodgers?

Magill.... sigh.

And to think.......Duffey was ready!

Run differential for series..... -3.

Record? 3-1

Run Differential. One of those somewhat meaningless stats, sometimes. 

A glamour stat.

In the end, only one stat matters - the big W

I think in one game samples, run differential is an extremely important stat.

• USAFChief, Monkeypaws, IndianaTwin and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jake odorizzi, byron buxton, miguel sano, taylor rogers, mitch garver