Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

IT'S TIME TO PANIC!11

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 2,207 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:39 PM

That's a stomach numbing, couch paralyzing amount of pancakes. I prefer waffffffles, lefse or tykklefse but pancakes are good too!

Ebelskiver!!!!

• Carole Keller likes this

#142 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 23,485 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

That's a stomach numbing, couch paralyzing amount of pancakes.

I try.

So, in conclusion, what was your question again?

#143 twinssporto

twinssporto

Throwin' Aspirins

• Members
  • 1,966 posts
  • LocationTonka

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:53 PM

I can easily see this team beating the Yanks/Astros in a playoff series, especially if they can hang on to home field.

Not considering any trades, Berrios, Odorizzi, Gibson/Perez are capable of keeping teams in check. This offense can explode for a 4-5 run inning at any time against anyone. As we’ve seen, even when not playing great, it’s nearly impossible to take 2 or 3 in a row from this team.

I’m not saying they will or should. I actually think it’s probably the Yankees’ year. They’re matching us stride for stride without Judge, Stanton, Gregorious, Hicks (for much of the season), Andujar, Betances, Severino....basically their entire team from recent years. They’ll all be back and fresh down the stretch. But, the Twins are now certainly capable of winning multiple series in the playoffs. Add two high quality bullpen arms to go with Rogers and I’d feel pretty good about playing anyone.

YOU ARE NOT PLAYING THIS GAME CORRECTLY!!  THE TWINS BLOW BIG TIME. NO PITCHING AND THE BULL PEN REALLY IS TWO LEVELS BELOW PUTRID. THE TWINS WILL LOSE THE DIVISION BY 12 GAMES.

WAKE UP PEOPLE! 

• twinsnorth49 likes this

On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

#144 Carole Keller

Carole Keller

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 23,648 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 08:44 PM

Ebelskiver!!!!

For the win!

• Nine of twelve likes this

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But a skunkweed will always be a skunkweed and instantly recognizable. 

#145 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 23,485 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:19 PM

TWINS HAVE GONE ICE COLD, WITH NO WIN TODAY, I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THE LAST TIME THEY WON - SOMETIME IN 2017 MAYBE?

• twinssporto likes this

So, in conclusion, what was your question again?

#146 ScrapTheNickname

ScrapTheNickname

• Members
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 09:29 PM

Not that it matters to anyone but me, but the original "Panic" which came during that 11-run loss turned me off to commenting on the Game Thread. I saw how ugly people can be when they expect to win every day. I'll be reading posts on occasion but no longer participating in Game Threads. Best to all, and Go Twins!

#147 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

What's His OPS?

• Members
  • 12,499 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:05 PM

TWINS HAVE GONE ICE COLD, WITH NO WIN TODAY, I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THE LAST TIME THEY WON - SOMETIME IN 2017 MAYBE?

335u4q.jpg

NELSON CRUZ HASN'T HIT A HOME RUN IN 24+ HOURS. ADD HIM TO THE LIST OF F(!!!)AILED FREE AGENT SIGNINGS. THE TWINS ARE WASTING ALL OF OUR MONEY!!
  • ashbury and twinsnorth49 like this

#148 laloesch

laloesch

• Members
  • 1,770 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:50 AM

Ebelskiver!!!!

yessssss, very good!

#149 mini_tb

mini_tb

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:33 AM

I have one of those coworkers we probably all have.Game 1 out of 162 was a must win, or the season was over.I tried to no avail to talk him off the ridiculous ledge.Luckily, the Twins passed the test.Game 3 against Cleveland was a must win because the difference betwen an 8 1/2 and a 10 1/2 game lead is huge (more than 2 games?).Test passed.  

​If you would like, I can check with him when we need to panic more than usual. 

This opening game against the freefalling Mariners after an off day does seem like a good time to panic.If they don't come out of the off day ready to put the hurt on, it could be an obvious sign the team is getting lackadaisical and will be in second place by the end of June. 

#150 Nine of twelve

Nine of twelve

Rochester Red Wings

• Members
  • 2,207 posts
  • LocationEarth, for the time being

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:14 PM

I have one of those coworkers we probably all have.Game 1 out of 162 was a must win, or the season was over.I tried to no avail to talk him off the ridiculous ledge.Luckily, the Twins passed the test.Game 3 against Cleveland was a must win because the difference betwen an 8 1/2 and a 10 1/2 game lead is huge (more than 2 games?).Test passed.  

​If you would like, I can check with him when we need to panic more than usual. 

This opening game against the freefalling Mariners after an off day does seem like a good time to panic.If they don't come out of the off day ready to put the hurt on, it could be an obvious sign the team is getting lackadaisical and will be in second place by the end of June. 

Fifth place. I just know it.

#151 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

What's His OPS?

• Members
  • 12,499 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

SEASON OVER!!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN!!!

THESE JUNE PENNANT RACES ARE KILLING ME!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN TELL THE FUTURE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS ALREADY.

BE HONEST, IN MARCH YOU WOULD BE FINE BEING IN 2ND PLACE IN AUGUST.

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2020 WHEN THEY BUILD A TEAM THAT CAN SUSTAIN SOMETHING FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS!!!1!!!

#152 sampleSizeOfOne

sampleSizeOfOne

self-depricated

• Members
  • 8,126 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:48 PM

All these bombas will be lost... like tears in the rain.

Edited by sampleSizeOfOne, 13 August 2019 - 04:22 PM.

#153 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Twins Win!!

• Twins Mods
  • 11,300 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:50 PM

YOU CAN TELL THE FUTURE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THIS ALREADY.

BE HONEST, IN MARCH YOU WOULD BE FINE BEING IN 2ND PLACE IN AUGUST.

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2020 WHEN THEY BUILD A TEAM THAT CAN SUSTAIN SOMETHING FOR MORE THAN 2 MONTHS!!!1!!!

I'm never really fine being in 2nd place, but I wouldn't have expected much more. Really, who would have? I'm fine right now havng a chance. 

#154 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

G.O.A.T.

• Twins Mods
  • 14,158 posts
  • Locationthe charred ruins of BYTO

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:09 PM

we will get to see what these guys are made of...

and yes, it is time right now for fans to be concerned.