Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Article: Multiple Twins Building All-Star Resumes

jorge polanco eddie rosario max kepler jake odorizzi jose berrios
  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. Brooks

Mr. Brooks

• 7,705 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:54 PM

MLB decided they want a popularity contest, not a true all star game. Therefore, by definition there are no snubs.

I would prefer a true all star game, but that is probably never coming back.

#22 denarded

denarded

• 99 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:12 PM

To everyone over the age of 15...Who cares. I giggle everytime I"m listening to 670 The Score in Chicago and they have a segment with Ron Coomer who is introduced as "American League All Star Ron Coomer" Meh. Let the guys get a couple days rest and let the real reward come with a deep post season run. The guys who are 'All Stars' know who they are.

Wikipedia is for suckers

#23 TribeAZ13

TribeAZ13

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Banned
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:55 PM

Unreal that I was just thinking about this and was going to post my own question about it. Here's who I think deserves it:

Polanco - sadly, Lindor will get the start even though he's missed most of the 1st half. Fan voting is a joke and it's only gotten worse over the years.

Rosario - deserves to be a starter as well, leads league in HR and RBI

Berrios

Odorizzi

Perez

I don't think Kepler, Buxton, or Cron have a chance to get in.

whoa whoa whoa... i love chatting with u guys and yea, polanco deserves the nod, but lets not ever pretend that lindor isnt deserving of the all star game...had zero spring training missed 20 games and he has numbers that would be pacing better than jorge if all games were played by both..Lindor is a top 5 player in baseball. Not even debatable...Jorge i hope gets the vote but Frankie more than earns his spot

#24 TribeAZ13

TribeAZ13

Cedar Rapids Kernels

• Banned
  • 216 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:18 PM

Polanco and Odorizzi should be there. Garver could be there if he keeps it up when he comes back from injury.

omg, Polanco and Rosario are locks, not even a question...Jake would be now but lets see if he can keep pace and berrios is a lock..4 sure fire guys right there..Cron doesnt have a chance, nor does he deserve it...Abreu and Santana are far ahead ..Schoop has a great shot in a reserve role..they love the second basemen with power numbers..as twins fans are used to...all and all, 5 guys is realistic, and if ur the best record, u should get your guys in...Cleveland is set already bc only a few dudes have carried the whole team...Brad Hand is the best closer in the game, hes in..Lindor is there and Carlos Santana should get the start at first but reserve role works

#25 yarnivek1972

yarnivek1972

Cooperstown

• 6,347 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:45 PM

omg, Polanco and Rosario are locks, not even a question...Jake would be now but lets see if he can keep pace and berrios is a lock..4 sure fire guys right there..Cron doesnt have a chance, nor does he deserve it...Abreu and Santana are far ahead ..Schoop has a great shot in a reserve role..they love the second basemen with power numbers..as twins fans are used to...all and all, 5 guys is realistic, and if ur the best record, u should get your guys in...Cleveland is set already bc only a few dudes have carried the whole team...Brad Hand is the best closer in the game, hes in..Lindor is there and Carlos Santana should get the start at first but reserve role works

Cleveland is barely a .500 team. You really think they will get 3 representatives?

#26 DocBauer

DocBauer

• 5,584 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:35 PM

Honestly, despite being a huge baseball fan, the All Star game just lost luster for me several years ago. Maybe it was inter-league play, or saturation, or ridiculous fan voting, I don't know. Rosario and Polanco SHOULD BE automatic. Buxton and Kepler have claim, but won't go due to voting, depth, and fan votes. Cron and Schoop are deserving, but won't probably go due to selecting a balanced roster and trying to represent every team. Berrios, Odorizzi, Perez and Rogers are all deserving. At least 1, maybe 2, will go. We will end up, total, with 3 or 4 Twins going. Shame about Garver. His ankle doesn't get banged up, try telling anyone he didn't deserve to go.

"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."

--Lou Brown

#27 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

A Little Teapot

• Owner
  • 22,613 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:21 PM

whoa whoa whoa... i love chatting with u guys and yea, polanco deserves the nod, but lets not ever pretend that lindor isnt deserving of the all star game...had zero spring training missed 20 games and he has numbers that would be pacing better than jorge if all games were played by both..Lindor is a top 5 player in baseball. Not even debatable...Jorge i hope gets the vote but Frankie more than earns his spot

Lindor is likely a better player than Polanco going forward, yes.

In 2019, Polanco has been the better player. Polanco has ripped out a whopping 2.6 fWAR in roughly a third of a season. Lindor has come up with a 1.0 fWAR in roughly a quarter of a season.

Jorge is the better player right now. I don't think that will be true going forward but it's true right now.

#28 puckstopper1

puckstopper1

• 457 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 07:13 PM

Just looked at the ballot.We could see two starting outfields with players who

all have OPS of over 1.01. 

WOW!

That Twins 2nd baseman - #29 - he doesn't run, he "ca-rew-zes" - Earl Weaver

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jorge polanco, eddie rosario, max kepler, jake odorizzi, jose berrios