Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Photo

Questions about Twins game on Monday.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 akmanak

akmanak

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:50 AM

1. Can you still show up 2 hours early and watch batting practice while trying to get autographs?
2. Can I easily sneak in a flask?
3. I am planning on painting my face red and white while also dying my hair blue. My question is should I make my head look like a baseball or just half red and white?

#2 ashbury

ashbury

Haighters gonna Haight

• Twins Mods
  • 22,120 posts
  • LocationNatick, MA

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:18 AM

1. Can you still show up 2 hours early and watch batting practice while trying to get autographs?
3. I am planning on painting my face red and white while also dying my hair blue. My question is should I make my head look like a baseball or just half red and white?

I don't know the answer to any of these, but I'm betting you're going to get a lot of inquiries of "which gate do you want to meet at?" :)

• DocBauer likes this

I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it, the better. -- George Carlin

#3 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 15,532 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:38 AM

As far as I know, gates open 90 minutes before first pitch for Monday through Thursday games, and 2 hours for Friday through Sunday games. And you can freely go right up to the edge of the field down the first and third base lines at that time.

I don't know about "easily". See:

https://www.instruct...ame-or-any-eve/

• ashbury likes this

#4 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 15,532 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:39 AM

Better yet, consume the presumed contents of your flask before you go, and I'm sure it will bring you the mental clarity required to answer this question.

• ashbury likes this

#5 Doomtints

Doomtints

Minnesota Twins

• Members
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:50 AM

The Whizzinator can double as a flask.

• Vanimal46 likes this

Twins Manifesto: Build for .500, hope for more.

#6 woolywoolhouse

woolywoolhouse

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 11:57 AM

There's metal detectors at every entrance at Target Field, so best make sure your flask is plastic. Maybe fill a baby bottle with your liquor of choice?

SblamiVvl-SFSfi_8yN5GGvjJk0=.gif

#7 akmanak

akmanak

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:23 PM

All good ideas. I was thinking just a plastic pint.

#8 Vanimal46

Vanimal46

Opener Poster

• Members
  • 11,979 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

The Whizzinator can double as a flask.

I wonder what Onterrio Smith is up to these days?

#9 wsnydes

wsnydes

Winter baseball enthusiast

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

1. Like spycake said, weekday gates usually open 90 minutes prior to first pitch. I'm not sure if the holiday changes that. 

2. Short answer, no. Long answer...There are metal detectors and security screening at every gate. Your best chance, as someone else said, would be a baby bottle. There are size restrictions on milk and juice containers for kids and I've seen them sniff check a juice container once. The dad wasn't exactly doing a good job of being inconspicuous about it and the container was 2/3 full. 

3. If you're going with the red, white and blue motif, may as well go patriotic on Memorial day and go with stripes!

Enjoy the game! 

"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains." 

#10 akmanak

akmanak

Ft Myers Miracle

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 04:11 PM

I am looking forward to going to the game. I have always been an autograph seeker as well and am stoked to gain some new one for my collection.

#11 Post-Concussive Blues

Post-Concussive Blues

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

Wrap a bottle of booze in a Subway wrapper, and bring in your dinner like a real man.